Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Configure Service Aboard your plane  (Read 744 times)

AirEuropa

• Former member
[-] Configure Service Aboard your plane
« on: April 26, 2009, 03:43:23 AM »
In The sake of realism, I think it would be more fun, and more enjoyable If you could configure how your meals and planes were set up. The better you offered for a lower price, the more demand you would get for your airline. for example: You sell  a 1000 dollar ticket for a 6 hour flight. if you offer absoulutley no food, amenities, etc. on that flight, it wont be as popular. BUT, if you add a good in flight meal such as chicken, rice.. salad, you get the point, the popularity of that route would increase. you could set a default meal for the entire company, such as this: passengers have a choice of meal a, meal b, or meal c on flights longer than three hours. or passengers get a snack of a bagel and cheese on a hour flight.. you get the point. the higher quality the meal, the more expensive, such as: steak would be more expensive than chicken. serving it on china would be more expensive than serving it in plastic containers. you could also decide if you want to sell meals aboard your plane, example: meal a can be bought for 4.00 and contains sandwhich, water, etc. Moving on from food, you could also decide to sell souveniers such as company glasses, shades, teddy bears, etc. you can buy these certain items first, then decide to either hold them in stock or put them for sale in planes. not trying ot make this complicated, but your passengers buy stuff at random, like they would only buy a teddy bear if your image is good, and your service was freindly. thats my suggestion. What do you think sammy? thanks for reading all of it :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 03:36:11 PM by sami »

toyotaboy95

• Former member
Re: Configure Service Aboard your plane
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
a bit time-consuming and maybe hard to code. maybe something you could modify in general, e.g. just meals or no meals etc.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:48:24 PM »
I really like the sound of that; maybe simplify it to having 2 or 3 'levels' of meals, beverages, and in-flight entertainment?

If Sami really wanted to go all out on this idea, how about being able to sell promotional merchandise (clothes, headphones, pillows, etc?) that would increase your company image AND give you some extra revenue? ;)

AirEuropa

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:26:56 PM »
My point is what you just said. Finally, someone understands!

emiltav

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:36:48 AM »
I think that something needs to be implemented so that airlines can compete on something other then price. I dont know how passengers pick one airline over another in the game (probably a combination of company image, route image, plane type ect.) but there are tons of airlines in the real world that add value by providing services instead of lowering the price. Singapore Airlines comes to mind.
Low cost airlines are also not feasible in the game because they basically have the same costs as regular airlines in the game.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:19 AM »
No one disagrees with that emiltav, but right now even the existing system doesn't work as well as it should (for example, passengers have little to no care whether they're served by prop or jet aircraft).  You have to get the basics down before you attempt to throw in a few dozen more variables.  The game is still very, very young.  It'll come with due time, I'm sure.

Offline Seattle

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 03:51:29 AM »
Actually, age/condition and turbo vs. jet are allready in the game, from what I remember.
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 04:07:45 AM »
Actually, age/condition and turbo vs. jet are allready in the game, from what I remember.

The variables exist, but they don't do much at this point.  Nothing short of a lot of tweaking and play-testing will really yield good results, and sami has noted that the preferences need further tweaking.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.