Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Maintenance Shops  (Read 108 times)

Offline TheGrew

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Maintenance Shops
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »
Apologies if this has been requested before but I just had an idea.
Most airlines conduct A/B checks internally but sometimes don't have the expertise in house to do the heavy checks. In these situations some airlines will send their Fleet to 3rd party facility sometimes owned by another airline (eg Lufthanca Technik).
I propose a system whereby airlines can construct heavy maintance facilities. These facilities would then need to be certified to perform heavy maintenence on specific fleet groups and could offer their services to other airlines operating those fleet groups.
To ensure there would always be a maintenance shop the manufacture could always be an option.
What do people think?

Offline Jetsetter

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Maintenance Shops
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:02:26 PM »
Sounds kind of complicated, considering there is no provision to own real estate assets in the game.

But a simpler choice would be an interface like contract fuel. You can opt to do in-house maintenance at a higher cost, or you can do contracted maintenance from 1 to 3 providers for a set term at base airports for a percentage discount (but as a penalty, it will take say ~10% longer than doing it in-house).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.