Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Jet Black - A note about quadjets  (Read 67 times)

Offline coreyister

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
Jet Black - A note about quadjets
« on: November 07, 2019, 10:45:57 AM »
Jet Black is moving further towards quad jets whilst the rest of the passenger airline industry is avoiding at all costs, willing to spend significantly more on smaller twin-engined aircraft for minor fuel savings.

Jet Black's latest order for 40 747-8i's was an easy decision. With a350-1000's priced at 440m USD and 777-300er's at 360m USD it's clear to see that the 747-8i along with the A380 are the most economically viable aircraft on the market currently.

The fuel savings that come with using next-gen jumbo's such as the a350-1000 and 777X, even the 777-300er doesn't come close to offsetting the additional capex or leasing costs that are 50 - 100% per seat higher than quadjet aircraft. Even if the additional capacity of the quadjets won't be entirely used, they still often make much more sense than the inflated prices of twin-engined aircraft.

When looking to purchase new aircraft always look into the total operating costs and not just the fuel burn, as it can often lead you to the least profitable aircraft.

- Jet Black

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.