Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Limited Route Oversupply for Cargo  (Read 555 times)

Offline Jetsetter

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Limited Route Oversupply for Cargo
« on: November 04, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »
This one is a bit of a sticky subject, because I certainly can have the tendency to load a route with 10 times it's supply of cargo with my passenger aircraft when it's to a small town with low demand. I don't think that's a problem when people do that, because it's using the inherent capacity of that aircraft.

BUTTTT what I do find curious is when an airline uses a dedicated freighter aircraft on a high traffic cargo route that is a bit more supply the entire daily demand for cargo AND THEN adds a second flight with the same aircraft to provide twice the capacity, and then doing that consistently on every cargo route they fly.

And since we're still talking in hypotheticals here lets make up a route pair, like DFW-EWR or DFW-LAX or DFW-SNA or DFW-JFK in GW1, where you and a hypothetical airline in your hypothetical alliance each added aircraft until the point where daily demand of, say, heavy cargo was 5X what the market would support.

Then maybe, at that point, it looks a lot less like you're accidentally oversupplying cargo on the route because of your excess passenger aircraft capacity, and instead looks more so like a collusionary effort to run an airline off a route. So maybe a system limitation is due there.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.