Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: lower staff salaries  (Read 466 times)

Offline neoman

• Members
lower staff salaries
« on: October 30, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »
Hi

I was looking into my staff salaries and many of them are being overpaid. How badly does the CI get affected by lowering the salaries before I go ahead and save the new wages?

thanks

Offline dandan

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: lower staff salaries
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 12:07:31 PM »
Hi

I was looking into my staff salaries and many of them are being overpaid. How badly does the CI get affected by lowering the salaries before I go ahead and save the new wages?

thanks

they are overpaid because you have your salaries-settings probably on "automatic". lowering your saleries wont help at all, just reduce your CI, as long as they are automatic. if you want to save some money: put them off automatic. that way you will get an info "payraise request" each year. if you do not comply with it, slowly your morale will get lower and lower. once you agree to the pay request, the morale raises about 10 points. but this way you will not overpay them.
if you turn off the automatic you can either reduce their pay or just wait until their pay is equal to the non-automatic one over time (as the non-automatic-requested one raises to the level you currently pay).

Offline neoman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »
Thanks for this, I have turned off automatic settings. I still canít lower wages without taking a CI hit so will wait until I get requests for wage rises. Up until that point Iím guessing my wages will no longer rise thus saving money?

Offline dandan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
Thanks for this, I have turned off automatic settings. I still canít lower wages without taking a CI hit so will wait until I get requests for wage rises. Up until that point Iím guessing my wages will no longer rise thus saving money?

well... lets see ;) but yes, thats the theory. Sami's logic is, that the ~1% of people you employ in the HR department are actually useless morons. possibly he is right this one time  :laugh:

Offline neoman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »
well... lets see ;) but yes, thats the theory. Sami's logic is, that the ~1% of people you employ in the HR department are actually useless morons. possibly he is right this one time  :laugh:

Are there any staff groups you can run with less staff than required and not take a hit?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 04:49:57 PM »
Until their union representative catches up and realizes they're underpaid, yes, and it works for every category.
However it doesn't last long.

Offline neoman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »
Until their union representative catches up and realizes they're underpaid, yes, and it works for every category.
However it doesn't last long.

so next time I open new routes etc I can operate with less than required staff and my operation won't suffer?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »
You can start your ops with less staff, yes, but better be really attentive to the HR department and adjust fast when a threat rises.
Switching to manual control is clearly more efficient, however you have to be really attentive:
1) playing with fire can be dangerous
2) things (requirements) go fast. Forget to raise salaries and go on a 2-3 day vacation, and you can find your airline in trouble when you come back.

For this reason, while I personally play on manual, I raise salaries as soon as requested, and adjust staff as soon as requested. I'm too much aware that I could just forget it and get screwed. I play cautiously on that front.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »
I generally let staff morale get to about 60 then do pay rises. I have hiring set to auto just not pay increases.

S

Offline neoman

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »
I generally let staff morale get to about 60 then do pay rises. I have hiring set to auto just not pay increases.

S

I was the opposite, I now have both set off.

Offline neoman

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 08:04:07 PM »
out of interest, when does the morale start to affect the airline. I haven't raised wages when requested and morale is now low 90's, airline still ticking along nicely. can I allow the morale to go lower still? I run a tight ship!!

Online tititaka

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »
out of interest, when does the morale start to affect the airline. I haven't raised wages when requested and morale is now low 90's, airline still ticking along nicely. can I allow the morale to go lower still? I run a tight ship!!
when it's red you will see your punctuality drops. the delay or cancel reason will be low staff morale

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.