Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Cargo issues in SIN  (Read 666 times)

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
[ok] Cargo issues in SIN
« on: October 21, 2019, 07:27:01 AM »
Hi,

as said earlier in this recently closed thread: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82543.20.html
the recent bug fix about CBD didn't fix everything. Indeed, SIN still has some major issues. So far, no other airport have been reported as buggy, and I really don't have a clue as why is SIN impacted and other locations no.

Here's a copy-paste of my results on Singapore - Edmonton:
Only WSSS-CYEG and return is served, out of this city pair with only 4 possibilities (2 airports at each end).
Results from GW#4, 10 oct. 2031

WSSS-CYEG has actual at ~65% of potential (should be around 90%)
CYEG-WSSS has actual at ~90% of potential (seemingly correct)

WSSL-CYEG has actual at ~10% of potential (seemingly correct)
CYEG-WSSL has actual at ~70% of potential (impossible)

WSSS-CYXD has actual at ~10% of potential (seemingly correct)
CYXD-WSSS has actual at ~10% of potential (seemingly correct)

WSSL-CYXD has actual at ~10% of potential (seemingly correct)
CYXD-WSSL has actual at ~10% of potential (seemingly correct)

Seems pretty consistent with the result of my testing on the test server: SIN remains bugged just like before the fix, and then we can add the side effect of the fix. For what reason only SIN remains uncured while all other airports checked so far have only the side effect, I don't know.

Some other facts can be gathered in my report from the cargo testing world: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82773.msg488765.html#msg488765

Also, another example, this time in picture. Again, no competing route / overlap whatsoever, Singapore-Bucharest. RI is at 100 for years.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:45:26 PM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Cargo issues in SIN
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 05:55:26 PM »
As pictured by another screenshot below, some of my routes without any kind of competition whatsoever are bugged to a point that they became unprofitable (they barely were before the appearance of the bug).
WSSS-EKVG, GW#4

For this reason and in order to preserve my profitability, I have to close down quite a few routes. Will let you know how many, but this doesn't make me happy while we're so close to the end of the GW. I'm not mad at you, I know you do what you can, but this is just to say how frustrating this bug is.

Edit: closed down 24 A321-F routes, and 1 763-F route. As I fly a lot of tech-stopped cargo routes, that means roughly the schedules of 30 aircraft, 1/7 of my A321-F fleet, if you see what I mean...
And because of this, I have to rework a lot of my schedules. One year from the end of the GW...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:11:19 PM by Tha_Ape »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Cargo issues in SIN
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 11:33:59 AM »
On a more relaxed note...

As said in the previous post, a good number of my route became unprofitable. Other routes that were very profitable are now just breaking even.

On the other hand, the side effect of the fix of a few weeks ago that didn't hit my demand is now in place, and I'm taking advantage of it (no reason not to do so).

On a third hand (yes, yes ;)), I observed a very strange phenomenon. Except to Olso and LAX area, my cargo demand was always much bigger from SIN than on the way back. Around 20 to 2 for Japan, around 20 to 5 for Europe, roughly. But some routes now have a ratio of 20 to 15, if not more. As an example, Tokyo is now at 420k tons vs 300k tons. While some others stayed at roughly previous levels (Sapporo is at 203k tons vs 23k tons).
(all values for potential)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.