Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Run Aircraft Model Production Minimum Time of Real Life Production  (Read 272 times)

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
Everyone loves the jets. But when entering a game world and I want to run a niche airline, there’s plentiful 737s available but nothing small available. This is exacerbated by the production line of certain aircraft being open for a year, receiving no orders, and then closing.

An example of this is a Cessna Caravan. If I enter a game world and there’s no used frames on the market, and production ended at a year because of no orders, I can give up the dream of hubbing Bora Bora.

My suggestion would be to keep aircraft in production at minimum for the length of time they did in the real world. After that date, market forces can decide whether the production line stays open or closes. I realize there would be a data gathering exercise to determine production end dates.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:48:22 PM by Sami »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Run Aircraft Model Production Minimum Time of Real Life Production
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 02:31:23 PM »
The problem is especially strong in GW3/Modern times. The UM is basically devoid of mediums at the start of the game, pushing everyone to adopt an "all larges" strategy. Which means the medium production lines close even quicker.

Previous GW3, I had to order my 3rd Saab 2000 from the manufacturer. There wasn't any better option in mediums in terms of availability. And go play in MPL with only larges - you'll cover exactly one route(ORY, that is - which I covered with Y42s waiting for my S2000s.....). The medium game is already hard as it is. At least, it should be playable with plenty of old frames.

Online Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:00:06 PM »
How about a "Return to Production" request facility. If enough orders can be pledged to return any viable model to production, this could be facilitated?

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »
That wouldn't be very realistic, as usually (keyword not always) the dies and machining is scrapped pretty quickly post production.

Online Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »
Agreed it's probably not realistic in RL (although capitalism indicates that if enough orders could make anything financially viable then someone would make money building it). However if we try to run the AWS game completely in line with RL then the game probably could not function. So .... ?  :-\ :D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »
This feature is already part of our educational custom sims, but will be now expanded here too. (on trial basis)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.