Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Changes to aircraft ordering delivery times  (Read 248 times)

Offline SwizzAir

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Changes to aircraft ordering delivery times
« on: October 16, 2019, 06:33:36 PM »
Hi,

I really think that the delivery schedule for newly-ordered aircraft needs some optimisation.

I ordered 58 aircraft that will take over 2 years to get delivered. The producer has between 34 and 44 slots per month, and they're giving me two planes a month, leaving up to 42 slots idle each month, assuming no other orders. I'm not suggesting that I get my 58 planes in 6 weeks and everyone else should wait for theirs, and I do appreciate that for much more in-demand aircraft, the delivery schedule will get busy. But at the moment, I'm waiting for 2 years to get 58 planes when, in total, as I speak, there are 74 total planes of this type on order, leaving about 90% in green. This isn't how things work in the real world, leaving 90% of your capacity free in the off-chance you'll get a deal.

https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Production/View/67/
(not sure if that re-written-looking URL points to exactly what I'm seeing for the SE-210 11R production slots view)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:18:13 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Changes to aircraft ordering delivery times
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 12:18:10 PM »
There is a defined minimum time, in days, between two incoming aircraft. The number of available production slots is not a factor there. I see you are getting a new plane about every two weeks which is the normal rate. The CRVL prod.line has a strong rate of 45/month now but due to slow orders it's slowing down next year and since the line has been busy but it's winding down now makes it look a bit sparse.

Seems to be working as originally intended, and no changes planned to this aspect for now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.