Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft in storage  (Read 807 times)

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Aircraft in storage
« on: October 15, 2019, 04:55:39 PM »
I've got a couple of DC-8-63's in storage that I would like to pull out and convert to -73's WITHOUT automatically performing "D" checks (since the conversion process includes a "D" check).. Is there a way to do this? 

Offline Andre090904

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Aircraft in storage
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 06:11:52 PM »
Dear competitor ( 8) )

I am not 100% sure this really works since I never had this situation. However, I just checked it with my stored DC6 which could be converted into DC6F. When you click on "Remove from storage", a new window appears. In this window, there is a little check box (see screenshot). It reads: "Perform additional heavy checks (C/D check). I would assume that if you do not click on this check box, the checks would not be performed. If I remember correctly the checks would only be done as soon as you schedule that aircraft.

EDIT: OK nevermind. I just tried it with one of the DC6. The D-check happens automatically. Sounds like we need a feature request..."Remove from storage and convert aircraft".

EDIT 2: If you like I can buy DC-63 for you and convert them on your behalf to DC-73, so you don't need to touch your stored planes. Would sell them at book value to you.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:14:39 PM by Andre090904 »

Online Talentz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 06:19:03 PM »
Sounds like we need a feature request..."Remove from storage and convert aircraft".

Join the wait ^_^ https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,75489.0.html

Talentz

Edit: ROFL... [-] !!
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:43:39 PM »
When you click on "Remove from storage", a new window appears. In this window, there is a little check box (see screenshot). It reads: "Perform additional heavy checks (C/D check). I would assume that if you do not click on this check box, the checks would not be performed. If I remember correctly the checks would only be done as soon as you schedule that aircraft.

If the C check had expired but the D check hadn't, checking that box would send it for a D check too

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 07:17:31 PM »
Thx guys.. didn't think to look in feature requests... Also thx Andre- I'll let u know on the -63's. Chuck

Offline schro

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 08:13:39 PM »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 09:08:12 AM »
14 likes though :laugh:

Offline Stanley

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »
I had exactly the same situation: during fuel crisis some super 60s were stored and their D check expired. I was not able to convert them to super 70s without first performing D checks.

But anyway the time for super 70s conversion also has passed in GW2. Time to scrap them and embrace the next generation of fuel efficient jets. A D check then conversion would cost over 10 millions and with gradually falling fuel price itís not worth the cost. (By my calculation fuel saving is about 2M/year which takes 5 years to break even if currently stored.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:06:58 PM by Stanley »

Offline Stanley

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »
This is now fixed. So it may be worthwhile converting in storage if you think you will be using it for more than 3 years.

Offline ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
Thanks  :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.