Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Adjustable numbers of Flight Attendants  (Read 232 times)

Offline Cedric3108

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
[-] Adjustable numbers of Flight Attendants
« on: October 06, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »
Hey folks,

with the recent pre-launch of the new seating system, I rediscovered another idea I had for the game. As of now, the number of FAs is fixed by the game. This obviously doesn't mirror real life. Most coutries' aviation authorities use the "1 per 50" rule. So 1 FA for every 50 seats installed on an airplane (of course absolute minima would have to be observed, you can't fly a B747 with just 2 FAs even if you put only 100 seats in it). But overall, this would allow you to either a) lower costs, by for example outfitting your Fokker 100 with 100 instead of 105 seats and thus dropping the FA count to 2. Or b) you could purposefully have more FAs present in order to provide better service. Now, since AWS at this time doesn't really consider service, this could be weight into the seat comfort calculation. Meaning an ATR42 with 50 HD seats and 1 FA would be considered "fair", while one with the same seats, but 2 FAs would be considered "good", for example.

I think this would further improve the realism of the game.

Cheers,
Cedric
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:19:52 PM by Sami »

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: Adjustable numbers of Flight Attendants
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:12:02 PM »
Better yet - Change the "Seat Quailty" part of the Pax Cal into "Service level". Dependent on a number of things; ie seat quality, FA per pax, length of flight and eventual in-flight services that Sami mentioned would be in the pipeline later down the road.

That would get us one step closer to operating different types of OPS aka low cost, legacy ect...

But that would probably require an adjustment to the current Pax Cal. Another big change...

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Adjustable numbers of Flight Attendants
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »
Already proposed and planned (and actually coded as part of the new cabin config systems).

(Thread closed as duplicate.)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.