Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Aircraft information  (Read 251 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members
[-] Aircraft information
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:01:36 AM »
Hello,

just checked a flight: LCA-DOH. (GW2) The 757 takes 3:15 for the flight. The 767 takes 3:20. Now, by the book, the 767 is faster than the 757 - but for some reason, the 757 is faster in reality. So, I assume we dont get the full information on the aircraft capabilities - that would be helpful though!

Similar thing with fuel consumption: (Modern Times) B744 has five weight-options. Standard weight option is the same empty weight as the +34t one, but the "average fuel consumption" is almost 10% lower! Since the weight & aerodynamics & probably even the trim & ... will be the same for both aircraft on any stretch that does not require a tradeoff between fuel and payload, one has to assume that average fuel consumption is calculated in different ways - it would be helpful if these would be comparable somehow, so we would need more information.
Actually, the same thing is the case with most aircraft that have different MTOW-options.

Would be very helpful! Thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:42:23 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Aircraft information
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
757/767 are based on performance model v1 still and they might use slightly different speed profiles.

The quoted fuel figures are based on predetermined total aircraft weight (~70-90% load factor) situation and thus you must be looking at difference in MTOW and not in OEW since it is not relevant in that context. System takes into account the actual changes in fuel usage per actual pax/cargo sales. (explained in the manual too, with perhaps a bit more accuracy than my scribble here)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:44:37 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.