Air Boom Game Used Aircraft Market - Frustrating anyone?

Started by ukatlantic, April 25, 2009, 11:59:23 AM

ukatlantic

Yeah thats fine - so what do you do in the meantime to get semidecent used aircraft?  At the moment i'm buying rubbish aircraft that are 20 yrs old (jet wise anyway) with a 70% condition, then Im having to spend money to stop them going 'technical' all the damn time - I dont want say used aircraft that are only .6 months old I just would like to see some 8 or 9 year old aircraft with a better condition rate than what there is on the market right now

isuzu777

AAAAAGGHHHHH. There needs to be some kind of reform with the way used aircraft go on the market.

Some people know the exact time and day they appear. I am one of them. I refresh, refresh, refresh around that time, and get first pick (looking for MD-90s). Still, every team I click on "lease this aircraft," they are gone.

This has happened almost every single time (btw it is now sunday at 12:10).

I think this is stupid, and this mad dash is unrealistic. Aircraft should appear on the market at staggered times. I have even heard that some people set their alarms in order to get there when they appear. I do, and I still can't get any!

Is there any way aircraft can appear randomly at random times? Not only would it be more fair, but it would be more entertaining, as people would have to check the used market often, and could get lucky and land a good plane.

If not, these same quick-clickers are going to take the entire used inventory (which are pretty much new in MD-90 case). That is another thing. I was the first to place an order for a brand new MD-90, intending to build a large fleet. However, some made it to the used market before mine were delivered, and now they are entering the used market even though I have orders and have to wait till August of next year!

I know this problem can't be fixed immediately, but things cannot continue like this.
Dallasian International

Filippo

To my opinion, the problem is not that there are too many players as many of you say, but is that there are not enough used aircrafts. get more used aircraft on the market = solving the problem.

ollik

Quote from: Filippo on April 26, 2009, 05:10:17 PM
To my opinion, the problem is not that there are too many players as many of you say, but is that there are not enough used aircrafts. get more used aircraft on the market = solving the problem.
Nonono! Any amount of good planes will be bought/leased right away no matter how many of them you put in the used market. People are already ordering loads of new planes at least in the Jet Age game, any more in the used market would just let these airlines grow even more rapidly. Randomizing the time when the used market refreshes or doing it in small bits throughout the week would be a much better solution.

JIMBORICHARDSON

i think there should be more planes on the used aircraft market the aircraft brokers should put more planes into the market until the airlines have grown.

isuzu777

Quote from: ollik on April 26, 2009, 06:18:13 PM
Nonono! Any amount of good planes will be bought/leased right away no matter how many of them you put in the used market. People are already ordering loads of new planes at least in the Jet Age game, any more in the used market would just let these airlines grow even more rapidly. Randomizing the time when the used market refreshes or doing it in small bits throughout the week would be a much better solution.

Exactly. Randomize it. This Sunday at 12:10pm is soooo frustrating and unfair.

This time I got to "are you sure you want to least this aircraft" on the MD-90s. Once I hurriedly clicked yes, without even bothering to change the seat config (I was desperate enough to pay extra money and time later), they were gone. Both of them.

Then I tried to see if I could get some Boeing 767s. All gone, in less than a minute.

RANDOMIZE THE USED AIRCRAFT PLEEAAAASSEE, SAMI!!!!

-----
Dallasian International

Williamsfilms

That was retarded, I was just about to get a 737 just a minute ago, and it was gone by the time I said confirm lease...

ekaneti

I think future games should be limited to 200 airlines.

NorgeFly

I've pretty much given up on the used market to be honest! I don't have the patience and I don't want a fleet with all sorts of random old aircraft. However, it means that it has slowed down my expansion considerably... I am now waiting over 3 years for newly ordered A319/320/321 aircraft  :'(

digifreak

yeah... I know... that's a huge pain in the... I'm quite tired too of trying to find decent ac's on the market... and that's nearly impossible by now...

castelino009

As I suggested before, a broker /agent type as in Airline 6 will solve this issue. We give our specs and they come back with our demand. Also sometimes we order 10 but broker comes back saying we have only 6 ??? still better than nothing. easy, simple and no need loose our sleep or destroy F5 button and the keyboard  ;D

Regards
VJC

Jps

Quote from: V.Castelino on April 27, 2009, 01:05:16 AM
As I suggested before, a broker /agent type as in Airline 6 will solve this issue. We give our specs and they come back with our demand. Also sometimes we order 10 but broker comes back saying we have only 6 ??? still better than nothing. easy, simple and no need loose our sleep or destroy F5 button and the keyboard  ;D

Regards
VJC

And, again, what would happen when 100 people have the same plane on order from the broker?
That wouldn't help a bit. It would just end up making the used aircraft market the same as the new aircraft market: long queues to get anything.

NorgeFly

Quote from: NorgeFly on April 26, 2009, 11:45:06 PM
I've pretty much given up on the used market to be honest! I don't have the patience and I don't want a fleet with all sorts of random old aircraft. However, it means that it has slowed down my expansion considerably... I am now waiting over 3 years for newly ordered A319/320/321 aircraft  :'(

Oh make that 3 and half years now  >:(

isuzu777

over 2 years for 767s :( .

Anyway, looks like the date and time for used plane appearing changed while I was out today. I am sure the "quick-clickers" that snap up all the used planes already know the new time. So now it is even more impossible for the average player to compete. Ughhh.

---
Dallasian International

gaffair

Usually I don´t care - If a game is patched, changed or envisioned in a direction that I think isn´t good for it, I just quit.

In this case, I will for once give my thoughts on what I think is going wrong, because I was absolutely hooked after a few hours playing the game pre patch. It´s really shocking that one single change can alter a gaming experience so drastically, and at least for me take out almost all of the fun that I had the first time.

- used (or should I say new) aircraft market

Many have voiced their concerns about the new system, and to be honest they are right. If you look at the market, say right now, you will find about 300 aircraft - and nobody wants just a single one of them.
Why? Because they know of or saw the "factory new" planes poping on the market every once a week, may it be for just a split second - but still, they know they are there. No one needs or wants 50 Antonov An-24 or 60 Beechcraft 1900C, still It´s the only thing available If you have a life and can´t sit in front of your screen every 3 hours waiting for those 10 seconds to snatch up the 0.2 year old A321´s and B777´s.

Which leads to the next problem - those poor people that didn´t have the chance to grab one of the few "good" planes will order a new one, fine. One at a time. Everytime the money is there another one. The order lists for some models are 3+ years filled already and the game is not even a year old.

In the original game this was not the case - later on yes, but not 8-10 months into a new game. Why? Because eventhough planes were also rare, those available were of use to the players. I can judge as I played the game from day 1.

The biggest problem I see is the introduction of brand new planes to the "used" market, especially long-range high capacity aircraft. Those lucky enough to get their hands on them can take off to revenue heaven right from day 1. There were no factory new planes in the games before, making you lease older planes, making you think about maintenance costs and making you pay for bad decisions. Now you either snatch a new one from the market if you are quick enough or order them 1 by 1 and wait for 2 years before your airline starts doing business, or you could also lease those 50 Antonov, readily available at all times.

It may not have been 100% world-like realistic the way the market worked before, but for the overall gaming experience it was unequally better than what we have now. This systems needs a complete rework for it to be usefull again and not game breaking as it is now, In my opinion. If planes would appear on the market at random times, not once a week at 12:00 that would help alot.   

- aircraft classes / configurations

I really had my doubts for a while if I should talk about this, but I feel it is necessary.
I dind´t want to believe it until I tried it out myself. Seating comfort has absolutely no influence in game whatsoever. Combine this fact with what I have said earlier about brand new, super efficient planes being available for some on the used market and there you have your "mega" airlines, earning hundreds of millions after 6 month of gameplay.

For example, lease a brand new A330, wait for 2 weeks, fill it up to the max with high density seats, say 20 FC / 80 BC / 280 EC and put it on a longhaul route, and enjoy the 400k it will easily make every day! You don´t even have to reduce your ticket prices, the pax fly anyway!
If you think comfort makes a difference and you configure your planes accordingly don´t be discouraged if the plane only makes 200k. Try it out, it works. This is how a handfull of players just "take off" right from the start, while the majority who doesn´t know grows along at a much slower pace.

Some airlines have already ordered 300+ new planes, 10 month into the game, go figure out how much that amounts to. This is how they earn that much money right from the start.

This system is seriously flawed and has to change, and very soon too - otherwise everyone will and should be filling their planes with high density seating and you can do away with the other seating options completely. Combined with the "new" used aircraft market, and the possibilities it provides for some, it´s just to obvious to be fun any longer.

So much for priorities concerning realism.

Well, my thoughts - sorry for the wall of text. I will probably quit for now and peek back in a few months from now, hoping that some of the points mentioned have changed in a positive way. I really hope so, because at the core this game is very good - but at the moment some things are seriously out of order.

cheers gaffair

swiftus27

You forgot one MAJOR detail  (and I agree with 100% of what you are saying)

Those people who obviously have the time to dominate this game.   I think we all know who they are.

They get the great planes early.
That means they can order a ton of new planes early.
With all of their new large planes, they get to order more new planes.
By the time that everyone else can order new planes, the build queues are 3 years out. 
You then look at why, and you see the same names down the whole build queue.

Hell, I wanted to make a small airlines out of Cancun Mexico and there arent even any 18 pax planes on the used market at all.

Essentially, those few players who get planes early win.  They have a HUGE advantage over everyone else because they are able to make a ton more revenue quicker.    In Poker, it is called a table bully.  They can simply throw their money in all of the time.

ALSO, BIG THING I ASKED TO BE CHANGED.  These same players also know what day a new plane will be announced.  Without varying them up, they will simply stockpile money and order 40 on the first day.  People like me with jobs come home and the plane that just came on the market is already a 2+ year wait.

blair21088

This is why I tried to get people behind waiting for the new production system. The used market wouldn't be such a problem if the queues for all the good aircraft weren't 3 years long already.

ukatlantic

I have to say, that the core game is good, but there is alot of people  saying what I said when I originally started this post.  I got moaned at for 'moaning' in another couple of threads and esentially those threads more or less were saying how hard the new game appeared - maybe SAMI was right and I did moan a bit too much  :-[ , but why has none of the developers put their thougths into this thread?

I really would like to hear the dev's thoughts and whether there are going to be any changes to make the used aircraft and new aircraft market systems 'better' and fairer  :-\

Filippo

I totally agree with Swiftus27 and professional essay writer gaffair

Sami, not to be rude, but something has to change.This is a fantastic game, but it could be even better with those modifications.

Thankyou

powi

I'm sure Sami is aware of this problem. Fear not, he does not want this game to be un-enjoyable.  While one of the newest upgrade seems to be a step back, the game will surely be developed to the way you all have showed.

Meanwhile express you deep emotions here, but don't abandon the game yet ;)