Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Need Help!!  (Read 169 times)

Offline tylerhall203

• Members
Need Help!!
« on: September 08, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »
Hey, guys can any of you help me get my airline  profitable

Thanks in advance:)

Offline dandan

• Members
Re: Need Help!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »
well, maybe. but we do need infos on your airline ;) how is the cost structure of your airline?

Online Andre090904

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
Hi Tyler,

I see you are based in Quebec City. You are flying Beechcraft Airliners. Now the thing is, the airport is really small (little demand) and those Beechcraft are likewise really small (little capacity). So while you're paying staff at your HQ (think of route strategists, marketing, ground handling, etc.), you're revenue is extremely limited by those small planes as they just cannot carry enough passengers to pay for all your overhead. You would need tons and tons of those little airplanes to become profitable.

My advise: Restart. Look for some airport where you can make use of bigger airplanes (I don't recommend flying "small" airplanes). Anything below 30-40 seats is really sketchy.

Now, we also have a fuel crisis. Starting in the middle of this crisis is a a huge challenge anyways. Lots of well established airlines are in deep trouble currently. Don't think it's just you. :)

Offline [ATA] Verto

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Hi Tyler,

I see you are based in Quebec City. You are flying Beechcraft Airliners. Now the thing is, the airport is really small (little demand) and those Beechcraft are likewise really small (little capacity). So while you're paying staff at your HQ (think of route strategists, marketing, ground handling, etc.), you're revenue is extremely limited by those small planes as they just cannot carry enough passengers to pay for all your overhead. You would need tons and tons of those little airplanes to become profitable.

My advise: Restart. Look for some airport where you can make use of bigger airplanes (I don't recommend flying "small" airplanes). Anything below 30-40 seats is really sketchy.

Now, we also have a fuel crisis. Starting in the middle of this crisis is a a huge challenge anyways. Lots of well established airlines are in deep trouble currently. Don't think it's just you. :)

There was a pretty big BK in Greece recently - if you are looking to restart Athens may be an option for not too large, but not as small as Quebec City. Fly cheap F27-2 and only that one fleet type you choose till after fuel drops back down. You should do well.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
Yeah, avoiding jets and any long flight for one or two years seems a sound advice right now. This setup is haaaaard. I haven't got any opposition in VietNam, I'm 77% full, I made a lot of adjustments on specific route prices, and my operational margin for April is currently below 4%. Never saw that, and it's probably my 10th or 12th game world. So many excellent players Bankrupted the last 3 months, and many might follow. People I had never seen go BK, like Crazybernie, or Schlaf.

Athens has good demand nearby in the domestic market, in Bulgaria, and not much further in Egypt, Turkey,and the middle east, and those should be your priorities,would you restart there. Anything further would kill you swiftly, with the current fuel crisis. And stick to props in the beginning, in Athens or elsewhere.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 07:16:19 PM »
Yeah, avoiding jets and any long flight for one or two years seems a sound advice right now. This setup is haaaaard. I haven't got any opposition in VietNam, I'm 77% full, I made a lot of adjustments on specific route prices, and my operational margin for April is currently below 4%. Never saw that, and it's probably my 10th or 12th game world. So many excellent players Bankrupted the last 3 months, and many might follow. People I had never seen go BK, like Crazybernie, or Schlaf.

Really? I am very bored atm... The mid/late 70s to early 80s is always so boring in long GWs. Need Boeing to launch the 777 line already. Could use some 737NGs as well. -_-"

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 07:47:02 PM »
Talentz, you troll!!!! (refereince to his company name,for whose who wouldn't get the joke).

Of coure there will be survivors, especially for players without opposition.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 08:57:09 PM »
... without opposition.

Like they say, third times a charm!!

Aside from throwing in the towel as suggested, which isn't a bad idea in the end, there are some things you can do for now.

First, flying small aircraft on a lease is very hard to make a profit. You need a strong understanding of AWS economics to make it work. The main reason is company overhead costs. It takes X amount of seats sold to become profitable overall.

Since your flying aircraft with limited amount of seats, this equates to having to sell alot seats. As such, your aircraft should be flying alot of rotations. Preferably 4-5 per aircraft in order to generate enough income to pay all the bills with some left over for profit.

Second, choosing the best routes to achieve profitability is key. Since your flying with limited seats, you need to choose and fly routes that have enough demand to fill your aircraft. This is basic understanding, but it more acute in your case.

For example:

This is a great route that you selected. As you can see my circles highlight the additional pax alvb to be carried; meaning you can achieve full Pax loads with this route once RI has risen high enough. This is the type of route you should be looking at to fly with small aircraft. Routes that have more demand then the aircraft has seats. They will generate a faster and higher profit then other smaller or more congested routes.

Next:

This route is not a good route. It has very limited demand. It can't even fill your aircraft on a good day. These are the types of routes you stay away from. Generally, if you can't fill your aircraft's default capacity with the current demand shown, Dont fly it. It is just a waste of time and money.

Also, as a new company, you should really avoid competing against other older, more established companies. You don't have the financial strength to oppose them. Wait until you've established yourself before jumping into highly contested routes.

As I said in the beginning, flying small aircraft is very hard and requires an understanding of AWS economics. It's not impossible, but not likely either.

Fly routes like this:

4-5 times per this aircraft:

To generate enough income to become profitable. Try it and return to us with your results.

Talentz

ps: I'm back to being bored again...

ps2: I see you lurking Sami... hows that next changelog coming?  ;D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:59:14 PM by Talentz »
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 09:50:29 AM »
What Talentz said, and don't forget to increase your ticket prices on routes with 92% or more load factor. On a route like greater Moncton, your plane is probably already full, you can milk those passengers more. proceed wit -10% increments, and if load factor stays nearly full, add 10% more.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.