Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fleet Replacement  (Read 265 times)

Offline Chaxterium

• Members
Fleet Replacement
« on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:40 AM »
Hello,

Since this game world started I've been running 5 DHC-7s and they've been making me a really nice profit. Unfortunately they are starting to get old so my plan is to replace them in the near future. I'm currently considering DHC-8-300s or ATR-42-500s. My question is what's the best way to go about introducing them to my fleet? I'm going to order them brand new but I'm worried if I introduce them one at a time, as they are delivered, that my commonality costs will increase significantly until the last DHC-7 is gone. I'm giving thought to just waiting until all of them arrive and swap them all out at the same time. Is that smart? Or should I just suck up the increased commonality costs?

I'm planning on paying 100% of the costs of the new aircraft upfront so once they arrive I won't be dealing with paying lease fees while they sit on the ground.

Cheers,
Chax

Online [ATA] Verto

• Members
Re: Fleet Replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 02:39:47 AM »
Since you already have two fleets, going to three when you are well below 75 frames is not advised.

As you are only replacing 5 planes I'd probably just store them - shouldn't take more than a couple months.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 06:02:02 AM »
well Verto is technically right. The 3rd fleet penalty under 75 airframes is around 3/4 points of margin. If you're back to your 10% of margin as you were before the event, making a progressive change would notably reduce your profit for the time of transition, but would be  manageable. Both options are possible, but keep in mind that both are costly. In one case, you pay for non-flying planes, in the other one, you pay for extra commonality.

Online dandan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 06:43:43 AM »
i usually prefer to wait until i have them all (except if its really big changes and one cant do the transition in one go); exception if there are costly dchecks or such coming up.

Offline Chaxterium

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 05:26:02 PM »
Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking I'll simply wait until all of my aircraft arrive before swapping everything over.

Cheers!
Chax

Offline Chaxterium

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
Another question. If I choose to introduce each new aircraft as it arrives I understand I will suffer a penalty in my staff training expenses. I just want to confirm though that once my old fleet is eliminated those extra staff training expenses will go away. Is that correct?

Cheers,
Chax

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 04:38:09 AM »
Another question. If I choose to introduce each new aircraft as it arrives I understand I will suffer a penalty in my staff training expenses. I just want to confirm though that once my old fleet is eliminated those extra staff training expenses will go away. Is that correct?

Yes, they go away

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.