Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Settling of Debts when going BK  (Read 94 times)

Offline dandan

• Members
Settling of Debts when going BK
« on: August 30, 2019, 12:00:41 PM »
Hello! I like leasing out airplanes sometimes, and oftentimes airlines lease the plane for 15 years, and after 2 they close down, often still having lots of money. In my opinion, this money should be used to settle debts, like for example the outstanding lease cancellation payments!

So a company declaring bankruptcy should:
1) sell all their assets (=airplanes) (at some ficticious price) to AI brokers
2) that, combined with their remaining liquid assets, should be used to pay for -) debts with the bank -) leasing cancellation penalties -) possibly social benefits for the employees fired.

Online dmoose42

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Settling of Debts when going BK
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
On top of this -maybe a minimum credit rating on being able to lease the plane in the first place? At the lessorís discretion of course. A person could say only people with a BB rating or better can lease the plane.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Settling of Debts when going BK
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 12:29:26 PM »
Brokering is a lucrative, yet dangerous activity. I like the way it is. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. One can transform a small local company into a financial powerhouse with it (like my company in Vietnam in History & the Future), but if it comes without risk, where is the thrill?

And yes, I've had more than my share of returned planes after BK. That's life.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.