» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: change  (Read 488 times)

Online hershey1

• Members
change
« on: August 21, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »
the one thing I would like to see change in the game is on the price management
page , you go to the route pricing page and when you change a route pair fare IE
EWR to LHR manually Y is 168 C is 468 one way.  What I would love to have is have
an area where we can lock in the fare, so you don't have to keep going back and
change it every time you make a route adjustment.

thanks H

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: change
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 05:48:11 AM »
You shouldn't have to be repeatedly changing fares.  There's probably some better way you can be making these adjustments to avoid it. You're not totally clear on what "route adjustments" you mean or how you are making them, so please describe step by step everything you are doing and someone will be able to help.

Online JohnGaleazza

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 05:46:39 PM »
I do my route pricing adjustments in a few different ways
1.  Usually once every 3 quarters I'll do a large scale price adjustment, based on avg pax and cargo load factors I will raise prices on those that are above a certain load factor threshold and lower prices on those that are below a certain load factor threshold.
2.  Fine tuning.  Less frequently unless I find load factors completely out of whack, I will go through each category Economy, Biz, First Pax and light, standard, heavy cargo and adjust pricing for each category on each route to improve load factors in each category.
3.  Optimization.  On poorly performing routes, and when I have some time to follow 2 or 3 weeks of sim time I will look at these routes to look at maximizing revenue.  Sometimes this means lowering prices despite having higher load factors other times it means holding or even raising prices despite low load factors (for example in cases my supply is higher than the demand, there is no point to chasing higher loads as there is no demand)

I agree through pricing should be fairly infrequent.

Offline FlyZef

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:06 AM »
I'd like the ability to set fares by airport.  IE set default pricing to one base not all bases.

Offline wtdawg

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 01:27:45 PM »
I'd like the ability to set fares by airport.  IE set default pricing to one base not all bases.
This!

Online JohnGaleazza

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 02:57:16 PM »

From Manage Routes page on the left side you can filter by base airport.  Then select all routes and make your pricing adjustment from there.

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
From Manage Routes page on the left side you can filter by base airport.  Then select all routes and make your pricing adjustment from there.
Didn't see this possible work flow, thanks!

Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.