Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Too low credit rating?  (Read 197 times)

Offline fark24

• Members
[-] Too low credit rating?
« on: August 20, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »
I'll caution that I don't fully know the mechanics involved with airline credit rating but what I am experiencing is unusual enough that I wanted to check if this is a bug or not.

I have an airline (Hoek Airlines) in The Modern Times with an airline value of $699M and a company image of 88 (both 13th overall). However my credit rating is CCC (30th overall) when there are many airlines that have both lower airline values and lower company images but still enjoy a higher credit rating.

I am not cash negative and had been paying off my initial loan consistently for several months. I did have some issues in the first year of the game where I had negative cash and the loan was not paid back that week but I had consistently paid back the loans for many months afterward. I also never received a bankruptcy notice during that time.

I even took the step of paying off my entire loan balance early and waiting through another week and still my credit rating remains CCC.

Is what I am experiencing a bug or is it in some way tied to skipping some loan payments in the early months of the airline? If the later is the case, how would I go about improving my credit? Simply wait longer (hopefully not too long!), build up a certain cash reserve, or something else?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 05:43:58 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Too low credit rating?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »
Factors are:
 - value (Retained earnings + Common stocks - Airport slots)

Comparing you (CCC) and OzzyWest (BBB) we can see that age is ~same, image ~same, and for you the excessive value of airport slots drags down the 'true' airline value, and hence you're at lower level (his value is ~400mil while yours is only ~50mil). (slots are not considered as assets in credit rating system as you can't borrow against them etc.)

Offline fark24

• Members
Re: [-] Too low credit rating?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer. I did not know airport slots were not valued as airline assets. Makes sense though from the bank's perspective.

I just don't recall having so much of my airline value in previous games tied into such very expensive airport slots so that explains it!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: [-] Too low credit rating?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
CI is something most people don't think about, but it helps being over 70 to flip from CCC to B

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.