Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] New pin resource consume  (Read 288 times)

Online arefixz

• Members
[-] New pin resource consume
« on: August 18, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »
From link https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Airport

When I click view airport map, the pin makes the map more lag than before since it consumes more graphical resource for the new pin. Exploring new destinations is more harder than before. This is more worst when I chose "Whole world" in world area.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:07:57 AM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: New pin resource consume
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 05:44:41 PM »
The pin is exactly the same as before, just different image file. (the tooltip popup has more details but not really noticeable.)

(Using "all airports" / "whole world" is anyway not a good way to do destination hunting really...)

Online arefixz

• Members
Re: New pin resource consume
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:41:35 PM »
It's still noticeable in response rate when trying to zoom, pan the map. Not sure which is the cause either pin, tooltip or the new map (which I assume is HD image). It's still response well when I'm using my base(WMKK) route map or ASIA airport info map. Response gets slower for airport with more routes such as https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Airport/egll/RouteMap/ . Same concept when more pin is on the map (whole world), map response to zoom/pan gets slower compared to (asia) airport info map.

I'm still guessing cause is graphical. No one else notice this lag? or the lag is just negligible? Never mind then, I'll just change my playstyle to cope with this changes. You may close this as solved.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.