Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] In new game worlds, the system should not try to close production lines  (Read 817 times)

In new game worlds, the system should not try to close any production lines in first at least 2 years, ideally 3 years.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 12:49:01 PM by Sami »

Offline Cornishman

• Members
Re: In new game worlds, the system should not try to close production lines
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 11:53:39 PM »
Good suggestion!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 02:54:59 AM »
Here is an example:

Year 2000, MT world:

"Boeing has announced that they are planning to close the production of their Boeing 777-200, Boeing 777-200ER and Boeing 777-300 aircraft."

This super expensive aircraft:
1. does not go down in price when demand is low.  The only way the price goes is up, if there are only a handful of orders.
2. is not on UM to get the customer hooked at the MT GW start
3. the AI broker buy only the "scrap specials" that go straight to scrap.  The feature of 777 is range, and AI brokers order strictly aircraft with shortest range, so whatever makes it to UI is scrap.
4. It takes time for players to accumulate capital and revenue to take the plunge.  More than 2-3 years
5. Typical customers in Asia in MT were already hit by Asian Flu and long stock market crash, with 9/11 on the horizon.  So typical customers are broke.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:26:03 AM by JumboShrimp »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:54:47 AM »
in the same game than Jumbo : TU-204 is about to close. I was tempted to try the cargo versions, but there is no way I'll be stabilized enough in december 2000 to buy a hand of TU-204-120C.

I also never was able to play Y42 extensively for the same reason - just a few dozens on the UM when GW3(erm, MT) starts, and production line closes faster than light. Hence the only 3 possible choices for this era for whoever plays larges(i.e. a majority of players): A320, B737(all families) or MD80s.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
in the same game than Jumbo : TU-204 is about to close. I was tempted to try the cargo versions, but there is no way I'll be stabilized enough in december 2000 to buy a hand of TU-204-120C.

I also never was able to play Y42 extensively for the same reason - just a few dozens on the UM when GW3(erm, MT) starts, and production line closes faster than light. Hence the only 3 possible choices for this era for whoever plays larges(i.e. a majority of players): A320, B737(all families) or MD80s.

* and 757

Yeah, if there was international LH cargo in decent numbers (glaring at Sami), I would have gone with the Tu-204 too. But in two years I'll be able to double tech-stop my way around the world and thus, defeat the purpose of adding the Tu. Might as well wait it out and let 9/11 stock the UM with aircraft for me to buy/fly :)

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 12:56:41 PM »
There is already such a feature.

But timer could be perhaps extended. (and added +12 months time manually to all Modern Times prod.lines now)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 01:10:07 PM »

But timer could be perhaps extended. (and added +12 months time manually to all Modern Times prod.lines now)

I think it should definitely be extended, especially for MT worlds.

Relative cost of aircraft, especially Very Large aircraft is high (compared to previous periods) and there is also uncertainty of 2001 looming, preventing players from making big commitments.

PS: MD-11 line is also now pending cancellation, A300-600R(F) just cancelled, so the Game World is in danger of going down to 1 and 1/2 LH fleets.  (A330 + 767 that is starting to age).

Offline Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 10:12:44 PM »

Please do this Sami, I'm not in this GW but know this pain too well from previous shorter GWs I have played (and hopefully might play in the future). I really believe there should be no production line closure for at least first 2yrs for these GWs which start in 1970's or later.

Offline dmoose42

• Members

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 10:35:01 PM »
Please do this Sami, I'm not in this GW but know this pain too well from previous shorter GWs I have played (and hopefully might play in the future). I really believe there should be no production line closure for at least first 2yrs for these GWs which start in 1970's or later.

2 years? I would vote 5 years for wide-bodies given the cash requirements to purchase them. For size large and smaller, 2 years sounds reasonable.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 12:48:57 PM »

Changed from 12 to 24 months prior any of the prod.lines can start the closing process.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.