Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot cost?  (Read 966 times)

Offline DennisN

• Members
Slot cost?
« on: August 06, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
Only a few days into this game and I am seeing my slot cost exceeding 1.5 million for 7 days from my home airport.  I could have sworn in the past the slot fees are really low to start a game.  Any one else experiencing this? 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:22:42 PM by DennisN »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Slot cost?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 01:21:23 PM »
each game has different parameters. Some games have dirt cheap slots, some games have insanely expensive slots. We're clearly in the second category.

That being said, each game has to have a bottelneck somewhere. Sooner or later, players will meet the bottleneck, be it slot costs, slot availability, plane availability, demand, or whatever.

Offline ManAtTheBack

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 01:41:02 PM »
Yes, this is really slowing my expansion.

Iím looking at c$2m per 7pw rotation.

I guess Iíll have to slow expansion at my large airport and open a base at a mid-tier airport sooner than would be my normal preference, and prioritise long haul over short haul.

Offline mindspit

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 02:04:13 PM »
I thought it was just the airport where I am based as I never been based here before.

It costs me about $1.3m for 1 route for 7 days for an ATR-72 :(

Offline fark24

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
Are folks based at smaller airports seeing high slot prices as well?

It does make game play sense to have high slot prices at major airports. Low slot costs would make it feasible for players operating small & medium aircraft to have a substantial return on investment and dominate major airports. Unless the game mechanics actually want to promote airports like LHR becoming a ATR/CRJ/E-Jet hub?  :-\

On the other hand, it would make great sense to have slots run cheaper or at a discount at airports currently at level 3 or below. Places like OTP, LCA, PUJ, DAL, YOW, TUN, etc. to support those who want to try a regional airline with some scale.

Offline DennisN

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 02:47:21 PM »
I thought it was just the airport where I am based as I never been based here before.

It costs me about $1.3m for 1 route for 7 days for an ATR-72 :(

I am flying EMB-120's.  Take me forever to afford more slots!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 03:08:50 PM »
Slot costs are dependant of the airport size.

However at very first stages of the game the prices are generally quite high at this game. Partly for game balance reasons (not so fast growth).

Offline schro

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 06:07:10 PM »
each game has different parameters. Some games have dirt cheap slots, some games have insanely expensive slots. We're clearly in the second category.

That being said, each game has to have a bottelneck somewhere. Sooner or later, players will meet the bottleneck, be it slot costs, slot availability, plane availability, demand, or whatever.

You forgot to add - Once players meet the bottleneck, a thread or two in the forums is opened to lament on how annoying it is.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 08:38:41 PM »
And just like that, no one is talking about Used or New market...

Offline Chaxterium

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »
I was very curious about this too. The slot costs seem to be insanely high. Will this go down as the game plays on or will this alway be the case? I would imagine that as slots get used up they become more valuable and therefore their prices would go up which is a scary thought.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 12:58:36 PM »
I was very curious about this too. The slot costs seem to be insanely high. Will this go down as the game plays on or will this alway be the case? I would imagine that as slots get used up they become more valuable and therefore their prices would go up which is a scary thought.

The slot costs already went down very slightly.  I don't know if they will go down any further in absolute terms.

But in relative terms, they will seem cheaper.  For example, if your airline is making $2 million per week as opposed to $200k per week in the past, the slot will seem cheaper.

Online groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 01:10:18 PM »
When a new plane comes in I can buy the weeks worth of slots in one go now, so by that measure they're relatively cheaper!

Simon

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 01:33:10 PM »
You forgot to add - Once players meet the bottleneck, a thread or two in the forums is opened to lament on how annoying it is.

Do the laments in form of press release count?
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,82092.0.html

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.