Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] GW2/H&F open new route page allows planes that aren't allowed  (Read 237 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Over in GW#1/Airline Generations, when a plane isn't allowed on a route the type doesn't even show up in the dropdown on the Open New Route page. It doesn't allow you to build the schedule for a Large type if the destination only allows Small and Medium.

However, in GW#2/History and the Future, the Open New Route page allows you to build a schedule that isn't possible, and the game doesn't say anything until you try to assign the schedule to an aircraft.

Why isn't this consistent? Can we make GW2 act like GW1 on the Open New Route page? I just wasted a couple million bucks upgrading my base to Large to run Caravelles after the game let me build the schedules, only to find out I can't assign the schedule to the plane because all the destinations are Medium only  >:(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:48:03 AM by Sami »

Offline Mort

• Members
Re: GW2/H&F open new route page allows planes that aren't allowed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 07:29:47 AM »
GW2 worked like that for me, at least back during the initial gold rush expansion. There were plenty of routes from ATL that were infra 1, and wouldn't let me put a DC6B on (being large)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:43:27 AM »
Cannot test since no mention of which airports/routes/aircraft in question.

However, when trying to open a route from HAAB (level 3 - all a/c types) to OYAA (level 2 - small/medium/large) of a distance 500nm, the route editor does NOT show the 'very large' aircraft on the list. For example no DC-8. So cannot see a bug here.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:46:28 AM by Sami »

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:47:46 AM »
there are times when a route is just past/on a planes range. It then appears in the dropdown as a valid plane, but when you edit the route all models of the aircraft are in red "aircraft cannot fly this route". This happens a lot with Viscounts, the drop down will appear to about 1500nm but they can't go past 1200 still air or not. This is GW1 out of KATL.

Simon

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »
Cannot test since no mention of which airports/routes/aircraft in question.

However, when trying to open a route from HAAB (level 3 - all a/c types) to OYAA (level 2 - small/medium/large) of a distance 500nm, the route editor does NOT show the 'very large' aircraft on the list. For example no DC-8. So cannot see a bug here.
One of the routes was HADR (Level 2 - S/M/L) to HABD (Level 1 - S/M only). It allowed me to create the route on a Caravelle. As you can see from the attached screenshot, it shows all the Large planes (727, 737 etc) in the dropdown.

there are times when a route is just past/on a planes range.

What does range have to do with this?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 08:47:58 AM »
Found the issue now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.