Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Employees union?  (Read 610 times)

jamboy2378

• Former member
Employees union?
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »
Is it just me, or does anyone else think these new games have more employees than the others? I ask because I only have 5 planes and yet have a huge staff costing me money. Delta airlines has 1144 planes and employs 49000 in all jobs...that comes out to....42 per plane. I've got way more than that

tofen

• Former member
Re: Employees union?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:12:21 PM »
Delta airlines has 1144 planes and employs 49000 in all jobs...that comes out to....42 per plane. I've got way more than that

Might be because Delta gets some more economics of scale from there 1144 planes than you get from your 5 ;).
But yeah, the staff requirements seems to be a bit on the hight side.

Even weirder that those "unions" requests a 12-15% half-annular pay raise! That's just crazy.
First of all there's no such thing as a half-annular pay raise, it's ones a year on all places I have ever seen.
An 15%??? Normally people is happy if they get 3-5% a year!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:16:39 PM by tofen »

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »
no...the staff requirement are fine.
just do the maths again after you grow big.
and in fact there're the invisible "Employees union",try to fire some people and you know why.  :P

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
Know all about those unions from game 2 error. Still, the employee numbers are higher than they are from game #3.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
Know all about those unions from game 2 error. Still, the employee numbers are higher than they are from game #3.

No, they are exactly the same. Only thing what has changed is the pre-scheduling staffing.

bjflanne

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 02:16:41 AM »
There is no way the formula in the game can be correct for calculating staff. I have only 8 planes, but it requires me to have 945 employees in my company???? That is 120

I played several games in the last Airwaysim world, and I know in my last game I was flying out of Kobe, Japan with 29 planes (most were approx 120 seaters) and I only needed 1000 staff.

I do not think the problem lies in the number of pilots/cabin. Those look realistic (eg. 2 pilots, 5 cabin staff on the smaller sized Airbuses). But there seem to be way too many operations employees, customer services, etc. The overhead seems very very high for staff in this game.

bukatino2000

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »
Staff number also depends on how many routes you have and not only on planes. But we have to implement something to better handle with the personnel costs. The range to contract salaries without incurring into strikes or other problems seems too tight.

bjflanne

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 06:26:28 PM »
I am well aware that staff number also depends on # of routes, having played this game several times before. My # of routes are typically the same and vary little game to game. 4 domestic routes (800nm or so) a day per plane or two international (1500nm +).

While my route activity per plane has stayed the same, the overhead in terms of staff in this game is noticeable compared to previous  games. Others have also commented it is affecting gameplay.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.