Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Slight modification to the 4th fleet penalty?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Slight modification to the 4th fleet penalty?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 09:48:14 AM »
just a question: but then people would try running 4 fleets and complain about switching costs and ask for a 5th free fleet group?

what bothers me more is the 2nd and 3rd fleet penalty for small airlines. those are ridiculous and just make operations in small countries impossible.

Online Cornishman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Thew fact is there are some good points in everyone's comments here - even JS who I probably seem to completely disagree with - not so - I agree with him that we need to keep some measure of control.  Arthur too makes some good reasoning though naturally, any two great AWS friends like we are will disagree on some things.  ;) :laugh:

All that is completely evident is that some sort of change at some level somewhere is needed - without unleashing any unfairness to competition.  As pointed out by others here, is the current system really effectively preventing anything? What evidence is there? Would being allowed to "swap-out" (not add to) a fleet type without penalty be such a drama.  I can assure you many many players already use all 3 fleet types and as JS puts it... tries to capture every niche... and yet great competitiveness still abounds here. Nobody is trying to relieve the control on competitiveness.  Just make the game fun !   As Arthur said so well in his comments... this struggle to swap out a fleet is...B>O>R>I>N>G. not fun!  Anyone who tells me I have to live with boring just in case maybe Bill Bloggins joins the game for 10 minutes and feels too stressed to try to compete with me... well I'm going to leave it to the 10 minute Bill Blogginses of this world to crack on then, I'll go elsewhere for some fun if that's the case.

Online Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
just a question: but then people would try running 4 fleets and complain about switching costs and ask for a 5th free fleet group?

what bothers me more is the 2nd and 3rd fleet penalty for small airlines. those are ridiculous and just make operations in small countries impossible.

Oh so true Dani ... in fact a whole additional thread can be opened on this. Huge swathes of the planet are completely useless in AWS.... and with some fixes here and there... well it could release a whole world of alternative additional airline competitiveness and growth plans.  Africa - some sort of "African Open Skies" agreement could so easily be made available.... with say 20 bases possible.... fun !   So again, lets add to the fun and posibilities of this game... not cross our arms and defend to the death on the existing rules just in case nothing else ever works out better!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.