Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Private Party Mode  (Read 363 times)

Offline Grandmen123

• Members
Private Party Mode
« on: July 22, 2019, 04:12:26 PM »
Introduction

So before anyone says "OHH THIS IS A MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME WHY PRIVATE PARTIES", yes it is, yes I love to play online competitively, yes I do understand that a decent server infrastructure is needed in order to run this game, but hear me out because I do believe that this feature would be pretty cool.

If you are looking at this thread and it's too long, there is a TLDR at the end.

Basic Functionalities

It would work just as the multiplayer currently works but would have an AI Airline option, basically, AIs that would play alongside the player if he wanted competition, these would likely be the hardest things to develop as they would need to be half reactive and would require a difficulty level option and an amount option so that the player could customize its experience.

The game would have a host, and this host would be able to invite other players to a maximum of 10, the number of players would define the cost. The base cost for a single player would be anywhere between 3-5 credits, and this would be adjusted as required. The host would also have "administration permissions" and would be able to change the configurations of the game as he pleased. This leads me to the next part configurations.

Configuration Section
    General Config:

• Aircraft Production Cycles: [Short (0) | Normal (1) | Extended (2) | Infinite (3)]
    • Time Start: [1955-2020]
    • Duration: [10-80] YEARS
    • Day Length: [10-86400] MINUTES
    • Countries Included: [Whole World (0) | North America (1) | South America (2) | Europe (3) | Africa (4) | Asia (5) | Oceania (6) | Antartida (7)]
    • Cargo: [true/false]
    • Demand: [Regular (0) | Increased (1) | Super (2)]
    • Fleet Group Penalty: [None (0) | Regular (1) | Extra (2)]

Airport Config:

• Upgrades: [true/false]
    • Upgrade Speed: [0-5]
    • Upgrade Frequency: [0-5]
    • Player Upgrade: [true/false]
    • Amount of Bases: [0-50]
    • Aircraft outside of HQ: [0-1000]

AI Config:

• Enabled: [true/false]
    • Difficulty: [Easy (0) | Normal (1) | Hard (2) | Veteran (3)]
    • Location Restrictions: [Different Country ONLY (0) | Different Continent ONLY (1) | Short Haul ONLY (2) | Long Haul ONLY (3) | No Restrictions (4)]
    • Carrier Restrictions: [Cargo ONLY (0) | Passengers ONLY (1) | No Restrictions (2)]
    • Maximum AI Airlines: [0-100]

Money Config:

• Income Multiplier: [0-5]
    • Expense Multiplier: [0-5]
    • Fuel Cost Multiplier: [0-5]

Broker AI Config:

• Enabled: [true\false]
    • Type Restrictions: [All Aircraft (0) | Airbus (2) | Boeing (3) | BAC (4) | Antonov (5) | ATR (6) | Beechcraft (7) | Bombardier (8) | BAe Systems (9) | Britten-Norman (10) | .....]
    • Cost Multiplier: [0-5]

Pricing

As mentioned above the cost would depend on the number of players, but also could depend on certain settings, as running for example 100 AIs would be harder than running 10. The cost could even be a set amount per month, for example, I could pay $10 a month to be able to control a specific server with limited settings for x players. A lot of games out there already allow private hosting, but this wouldn't really be "private", and would not allow us to access any code directly, hence maintaining the game on the hands of the developers and still allowing for fun times with a small group of friends!

TLDR

Basically a customizable private party of up to 10 players for them to be able to enjoy and play more casually.

Conclusion

End of rant, if you have any doubts PM me! I'd be glad to put whatever knowledge I have into use here, considering I've been working for gaming communities for 5 years as a system administrator maybe I could be of some assistance.

Offline Kontio

• Members

The person who likes this post:
    Re: Private Party Mode
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
    Somehow I think this would cost a lot more than 10 bucks a month, even without the AI part.

Offline Grandmen123

• Members
    « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »
    Somehow I think this would cost a lot more than 10 bucks a month, even without the AI part.

Well, obviously the initial development would be costlier, but the upkeep of the infrastructure itself would not be $10 / month for a single server, not sure what host they use but simply by using something like AWS, or even purchasing a full server rack from someone like OVH they'd be able to have the background infrastructure to run these games.

I've run quite a few communities and you'd surprised at the offers out there for hosting/processing power/ram, of course, I don't know what does it take exactly to run these games, but considering the options out there, with give or take $50 you could get 16GD and an Intel Xeon-D 2123IT with 4 cores from OVH, or likely an even better offer from AWS considering they charge per usage.
    That's a decent offering and could likely run more than 1 game at the time, especially if we take into consideration that instead of hundreds and hundreds of calculations would require much less processing power, due to the limited number of players + AI, in addition, you could also make the AI setting define the price, that sounds reasonable

(Denote I'm slightly biased as I've been really looking to find a game I can play with my friends or more casually than the online game here, WHICH I STILL LOVE)

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 06:27:21 PM »
    Or you can submit an inquiry here and find out the pricing... https://www.airlinemanagementsim.com/

Offline Grandmen123

• Members
    « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »
    Or you can submit an inquiry here and find out the pricing... https://www.airlinemanagementsim.com/

And I am now questioning why I didn't do this sooner thank you!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.