Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help -- There doesn't seem to be any good places to start  (Read 160 times)

Offline hohum

• Members
Help -- There doesn't seem to be any good places to start
« on: July 21, 2019, 04:12:48 AM »
Every airport I look at has PAX demand met in excess of 200%.   Are there any decent places left to start an airline?

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Re: Help -- There doesn't seem to be any good places to start
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:22:42 AM »
I'm not aware of anywhere specific and too busy to look, but...  you can make profit this early in the game with 30% to 40% load factors - IF you do everything right. So don't be scared to jump in somewhere that seems oversupplied and SLOWLY expand to become established.  Look for somewhere with at least one or two airlines that look badly run and might be about to go under.  Watch the list of Bankrupcies and wait for someone to quit. Someone just quit from JFK, for example. There are two well established airlines and two others that are doing northing. There are LOTS of slots, which is very important. I'm not saying it's a good place (not looked properly), but that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

Offline Tauge

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 11:04:21 AM »
Also, you don't have to start in on of the major airports. In GW2, there's a player who started in Olbia in 1965 and is doing quite well. He's had to move slowly, and mostly on the fringes, at least until recently when he's finally got the resources to make more dramatic moves.

Offline mizuki

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »
you could try flying a smaller regonal airline for now for example start at KSAT and dont fly any thing larger then the convair 440 your near the center of the US and can fly to mexico as well with your little planes move slowly stay alert and keep a good cash balance

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.