Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How to organise C-check  (Read 195 times)

Offline Nick_D

• Members
How to organise C-check
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:53:49 AM »
Hello! (And, as usual, sorry for my clumsy English)
I apologize if the question turns out to be stupid or has already been discussed many times, but ...
How to organize a C-check for your aircraft? Let everything go to chance, and let the aircraft automatically go to the C-check when it is necessary, losing two weeks of flights along the route?
At the moment, I found for myself, it seems to me, a relatively adequate option - a backup 735 and a "C-check calendar" in Excel, built in such a way that two aircraft would not go to the C-check at the same time. However, this approach is too ... manual and complicated, as it is impossible to sit 24/7 in game to send aircraft for maintenance on time. Moreover, I am afraid to imagine what will happen when i will have ~100 planes... brrr...
Actually, the question is, how is it generally accepted to deal with it? Maybe I bother too much?
Maybe there is some option that I did not see, and which does everything as if by magic?)
From Russia with Love

Offline Cardinal

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: How to organise C-check
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:25:46 AM »
Most players just let the C-check happen. It's much better to have all your planes scheduled and making money 50 weeks out of the year than one or two of them sitting around waiting for the others to need C-checks. You are never going to sync the fleet up so that the C-checks don't overlap.

Now, when I am taking deliveries of new aircraft of the same type that has one or more planes currently in C-check, I will swap the new plane(s) with the plane(s) in maintenance and then put new routes on the plane(s) in maintenance, because it's better to have the established routes flying and delay the new service by a few days.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 02:03:37 PM »
Hello! (And, as usual, sorry for my clumsy English)
I apologize if the question turns out to be stupid or has already been discussed many times, but ...
How to organize a C-check for your aircraft? Let everything go to chance, and let the aircraft automatically go to the C-check when it is necessary, losing two weeks of flights along the route?
At the moment, I found for myself, it seems to me, a relatively adequate option - a backup 735 and a "C-check calendar" in Excel, built in such a way that two aircraft would not go to the C-check at the same time. However, this approach is too ... manual and complicated, as it is impossible to sit 24/7 in game to send aircraft for maintenance on time. Moreover, I am afraid to imagine what will happen when i will have ~100 planes... brrr...
Actually, the question is, how is it generally accepted to deal with it? Maybe I bother too much?
Maybe there is some option that I did not see, and which does everything as if by magic?)

This kind of planning can make sense if you have a short fleet and not much cash to spend at once with heavy checks. Alternatively, you can manage c-checks in a way that no more than 1 or 2 aircraft are in heavy maintenance each month, for example - by making maintanance ahead of time in some aircraft and putting off the maintanance of other aircraft.

Offline knobbygb

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 07:17:37 PM »
Moreover, I am afraid to imagine what will happen when i will have ~100 planes... brrr...

Wait while you have 1200 planes!!  You really will have bigger things to worry about. Just ignore the C checks. My only exception would be in the first year of the game when I have a tiny fleet and every cent counts, then I sometimes do things like Cardinal suggested.  If you have a spare aircraft around for C checks then that aircraft could be flying it's own routes anyway, so there's no advantage.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.