AirwaySim
Online Airline Management Simulation
Login
Username
Password
 
or login using:
 
My Account
Username:
E-mail:
Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Configure Aircraft  (Read 148 times)

Offline sasha2003_new

  • Members
  • Posts: 140
Configure Aircraft
« on: July 05, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »
Dear All,

If I lease an old aircraft (or very old aircraft) and I will change the aircraft configuration (seat config) to improve route's image, route's load factor, route's pax attraction, etc.?
In other words, does the game take into account investment into the renovation of the aircraft?
For example, I'd like to take B757 in default seat config. The aircraft is very old and in a very bad condition. I will first fix the aircraft and then shall I invest an additional $1M USD into the aircraft cabin, or it just has no impact?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
AlexA

Offline dandan

  • Members
  • Posts: 2159
Re: Configure Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
Dear All,

If I lease an old aircraft (or very old aircraft) and I will change the aircraft configuration (seat config) to improve route's image, route's load factor, route's pax attraction, etc.?
In other words, does the game take into account investment into the renovation of the aircraft?
For example, I'd like to take B757 in default seat config. The aircraft is very old and in a very bad condition. I will first fix the aircraft and then shall I invest an additional $1M USD into the aircraft cabin, or it just has no impact?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
AlexA

to my knowledge: no, the system doesn’t take into account when the interior was purchased.

Offline groundbum2

  • Members
  • Posts: 657
Re: Configure Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:18:58 PM »
yes, but to a very minor limited degree.

I've played rusty old buckets against state of the art stuff, I get 49% of the market the other player gets 51%. So it's not a biggie..

A players likelyhood of getting pax is decided by the average age of the players aircraft as shown on the statistics page, but not by much.

Simon

Offline dandan

  • Members
  • Posts: 2159
Re: Configure Aircraft
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 05:07:23 AM »
yes, but to a very minor limited degree.

I've played rusty old buckets against state of the art stuff, I get 49% of the market the other player gets 51%. So it's not a biggie..

A players likelyhood of getting pax is decided by the average age of the players aircraft as shown on the statistics page, but not by much.

Simon

@simon: but that is the age of the plane... the question was about age of seating config replacement

Offline sasha2003_new

  • Members
  • Posts: 140
Re: Configure Aircraft
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »
Thank you both, Simon and dandan.
It looks a little bit weird, but fine and I understand the idea that no reason to change seating upon leasing or purchasing an old aircraft.

Offline Brovine

  • Members
  • Posts: 5
Re: Configure Aircraft
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:04:37 PM »
Thank you both, Simon and dandan.
It looks a little bit weird, but fine and I understand the idea that no reason to change seating upon leasing or purchasing an old aircraft.

There is one good reason - if the seating doesn't match what you want. But that's the only thing that matters.

 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.