Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hawaiian cargo can swim  (Read 756 times)

Online schro

• Members
Hawaiian cargo can swim
« on: July 04, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »
In GW4, I'm flying EDDF-PHOG (route is old enough to have an RI of 95, which is typically sufficient to move all demand), yet, less than half of the demand has moved from potential over to actual, as if the overlapping airports on other Hawaiian airlines are impacting Maui's actual demand. If I recall the manual correctly, cargo doesn't swim, yet, it appears to be doing so in this case.

Expected result: potential demand should match actual demand as no other service between Maui and Kartoffelland is currently offered.

Online schro

• Members
Re: Hawaiian cargo can swim
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »
I'm seeing the same with potential vs actual demand on other hawaiian islands where routes have been running for far longer.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 01:24:59 AM »
IIRC, cargo swims, but badly. Thus the island across the sea will have difficulties transferring to your own island's airport if the 1st island is pretty well served already, way more difficult that it would on land.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:33:14 AM »
IIRC, cargo swims, but badly. Thus the island across the sea will have difficulties transferring to your own island's airport if the 1st island is pretty well served already, way more difficult that it would on land.

From the manual:

Another factor is the previously mentioned set of border crossing rules - people do not tend to take a ferry over the sea to catch a plane for example.

This tells me that half of potential demand shouldn't be swimming.

Offline Verto

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 01:40:43 AM »
Would like to see if this modeled - for international borders system does seem to work as intended, but I have always wondered about islands within the same country.

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 06:05:18 AM »
I remember JumboShrimp from previous GW1 flying Hong Kong - Kirkwall ... which only makes sense if cargo does swim. Probably hard to program/implement water as a barrier of sorts

Mike

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 08:36:06 AM »
Cargo does swim since it forms not know of the islands or other obstacles inside a country...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.