Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Strange pax limit that applies to DC-8-62 but not on shorter-range DC-8-61  (Read 285 times)

Offline Stanley

• Members
Hi,

I have a route that has tech stop both ways: SIN-TAS-GLA-TAS-SIN.
In route editor it shows the following
  Douglas DC-8-61: Payload limitation.
  - SIN - GLA : Limited to 215 pax by payload/range.
  - GLA - SIN : Limited to 216 pax by payload/range.
  Douglas DC-8-62: Payload limitation.
  - SIN - GLA : No payload or runway limits.
  - GLA - SIN : No payload or runway limits.
  Douglas DC-8-63: Payload limitation.
  - SIN - GLA : No payload or runway limits.
  - GLA - SIN : No payload or runway limits.

When I scheduled on a DC-8-61 (with 199 seat configured), there is no pax limit. This part is working fine.

But when I move the same route to a DC-8-62, which supposedly have a much longer range (5230nm), it shows a 75-pax limit on inbound flight. Please see the attached image.

The same problem happens on DC-8-63 too, which also has much higher range than the actual route. It shows a 133-pax limit on inbound flight.

This problem seems to happen to GLA only. I don't see the same problem on similar routes like SIN-TAS-LHR-TAS-SIN nor SIN-TAS-BHX-TAS-SIN.
This problem persists when I change to a different techstop airport such as KBL.
Re-creating the route does not fix the problem.

This is game world 2, around year 1971.

Could you please check if this is expected? Looks quite strange to me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:38:58 PM by Sami »

Offline schro

• Members
I suspect the runway length in GLA is the limiting factor. On the 62, try tech stopping as close as possible ...

Offline Stanley

• Members
schro, you are right.
If I change the inbound flight from GLA-2904nm-TAS-3040nm-SIN to GLA-1386nm-SVO-4558nm-SIN, the pax limit no longer show up when scheduling it on DC-8-62. So it seems to work as expected.

The remaining question is why this does not show up in the route editor, only in actual scheduling? I remember the route editor usually shows "worst case" pax limit.

Offline schro

• Members
schro, you are right.
If I change the inbound flight from GLA-2904nm-TAS-3040nm-SIN to GLA-1386nm-SVO-4558nm-SIN, the pax limit no longer show up when scheduling it on DC-8-62. So it seems to work as expected.

The remaining question is why this does not show up in the route editor, only in actual scheduling? I remember the route editor usually shows "worst case" pax limit.

The route editor payload calculator underwent some changes recently, so I suspect something is buggered there :-).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
-62 and -63 have a relatively higher runway requirement than -61 (3000m vs 3400m vs 3500m). However on a route that has the same length it shouldn't be an issue. The runway calculations are a tad old and might yield a bit odd results when operating right on the edge of the aircraft capability spectrum.

According to the calculation limits are as follows (lowest limiting sector):
-61  20984kg
-62  7371kg, from leg GLA-TAS, reason: runway
-63  12958kg, from leg GLA-TAS, reason: runway

The editor info view wasn't displaying these for some reason, but fixed now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.