Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Russian reg-numbers  (Read 302 times)

Offline Nick_D

• Members
[-] Russian reg-numbers
« on: June 29, 2019, 04:36:28 PM »
Hello! First of all please forgive me for my poor English.
I have a question / wish: in real life, in Russia, in its entire history (since the 90s of the 20th century), the Russian registration (RA / RF-XXXXX) was used almost exclusively by Russian (and Ukrainian, yes) production aircraft. Airplanes like A320, 737 or any other foreign ones carry registration of Bermudas, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, etc. and etc., and only SOMETIMES (very rarely) foreign-made aircraft acquired Russian registration (for example, VIM-Avia)
Is it possible to make the choice of the tail number for airlines based in Russia - corresponding to reality? Ie for example, use instead of the prefix "RA" - "VP", or something like that?

Thank you!
Nick
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:28:52 PM by Sami »
From Russia with Love

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Russian reg-numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
The foreign aircraft registrations have been used only for tax/customs reasons, according to my knowledge. So there's no need to change the system in that part.

Offline Nick_D

• Members
Re: [-] Russian reg-numbers
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »
Yes, one of the reasons is the non-alignment of Russia to the Cape Town Convention of 2001,
However, in my amateurish view, this moment is relatively important, because it is one of those “realistic trifles” that distinguish ASW from any other similar products.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!
Nick
From Russia with Love

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.