Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: new player, question about load factor  (Read 309 times)

Offline djf1957

• Members
new player, question about load factor
« on: June 11, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »
hi, i just started the free trial yesterday and am trying to understand as much as i can, of the 3 routes that were created yesterday i noticed that only 1 of them has a good load factor, the other 2 are very low and i can not figure out how to change those, can you please help me figure this out and thanks in advance

David

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: new player, question about load factor
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:14:32 PM »
You could request a mentor via the menu system, then another player could see more detail on your airline.

Without specific information, the main things impacting load factor, everything being equal are

1) What % of the route do you supply? So it's 200 pax/day and you are the only one on it with a 50 seater, you'll grow to 100% LF pretty quick. But if it's 200 pax/day and 3 other players are supplying 500 seats/day, you'll get and keep a lousy LF.

2) time of day. People like to fly between 6am-9pm, and land between 6am and midnight. Flights outside of those times are likely to suffer.
3) Tech stops. If you're plane is stopping to refuel midway that will kill 50% of the passengers. 2 tech stops and say bye-bye to 90% of pax.

The game has the concept of Route Index. It starts the first day you fly the route at 0, which means hardly anybody knows about the route so LF is low. Gradually, as you fly it, RI climbs to 100 which means everybody knows about your route. Go to office/marketing to see what the RI is for each route. The higher the better.

Simon

Offline djf1957

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:46 PM »
thank you for the reply, but i am so new to this that i can not figure this out, first of all, i do not know how to find where to request a mentor from, secondly, i do not know how to figure out where to schedule the departure times etc, thanks

David

Offline djf1957

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 12:01:44 AM »
i found where to find the mentors if i decide to go that route but i still can not figure out how to find and edit the flight times, please help me on this, thanks

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 06:03:23 AM »
when you created the route, you decided on the departure times then. Then the routes were scheduled to a plane, so the departure times must slot together so they don't overlap, as one plane can't be in two places at once.

It may be worth reading through the early sections of the manual, as the game is quite complicated and it's important to know how all the bits hang together. To check times of the routes you created, go to the "routes" menu then "manage routes", and it will list your routes including departure and arrival times. You can also go to "routes" "schedule" and hover over different routes to see the same information.

Simon

Online Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:58 AM »
Yes, Simon is absolutely right, reading the manuals is the bare minimum to be able to use basic functions of the game. The system is pretty deep, so the manual doesn't cover everything, but it will at least give you a good overview.

To answer your question more directly, you can edit routes either:
 - by hovering your mouse on said route in the scheduling page, there is a "edit route" icon
 - through the "manage routes" page

Offline djf1957

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:40:35 PM »
when i signed up for the free trial it created the routes automatically, so i dont know how to edit that if it is possible or to check what times the flights are scheduled for

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 10:59:54 PM »
we've both told you above how to check the times, and the manual is definitely your friend!

Simon

Offline djf1957

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »
maybe i should have started a new topic for this, but i saw this in the manual - (Both RPK and ASK can be RPM and ASM (miles instead of kilometers) if you choose "imperial units" from your settings.) - and i do not see where to do that, any suggestions? thanks

David

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 07:32:08 PM »
go to "dashboard" then settings then "interface settings" and it's in the middle

Simon

Offline djf1957

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 07:35:25 PM »
thank you very much Simon

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.