My side project - a computer hardware review site

Started by schro, June 04, 2019, 03:41:01 PM

schro

This is a bit off topic from the usual Airwaysim banter, but some of you may have some interest in it.  I've recently stood up a website for doing computer hardware news and reviews and would love for you to check it out if it's of interest - hope to see you guys over there!

https://www.thefpsreview.com

DanDan

Mort

Quote from: dandan on June 04, 2019, 04:11:48 PM
looks cool, but what does the fps stand for?

Frames per second. It's an often used measurement of how well a graphics card can handle any given game at a given graphics setting.

schro

Quote from: Mort on June 04, 2019, 05:44:17 PM
Frames per second. It's an often used measurement of how well a graphics card can handle any given game at a given graphics setting.

It could mean a variety of things (though, you're right at a default level). It could be that the site is about Finding Performance Statistics. We may conclude each long form article with Final Points & Summary... etc... so feel free to use your imagination!

Mort

Quote from: schro on June 06, 2019, 12:36:51 AM
It could mean a variety of things (though, you're right at a default level). It could be that the site is about Finding Performance Statistics. We may conclude each long form article with Final Points & Summary... etc... so feel free to use your imagination!

::)

DanDan

Tha_Ape

Flights per sheet
or "how to organize your AWS excel files" ::)

deovrat

Looks similar in format to (the now not so good) Anandtech format. That one was great till Anand got captured.

Good luck :)

schro

Quote from: deovrat on June 20, 2019, 04:36:33 PM
Looks similar in format to (the now not so good) Anandtech format. That one was great till Anand got captured.

Good luck :)

Anand was captured by Apple over 5 years ago and sold his publication off to the same mothership that owns Tom's Hardware. My site is full of staff from the recently shut down site HardOCP, one of the few remaining OG hardware review websites, so we should have good quality content.