Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help. Mentor  (Read 320 times)

Offline tls

• Members
Help. Mentor
« on: May 25, 2019, 12:28:32 AM »
badly need a mentor.

Offline Andre090904

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Help. Mentor
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 12:39:22 AM »
Your problem is a combination of tough competition and a bad fleet choice. You have ordered Boeing 727 and TU-114 which are suicide planes in a market like yours. Ideally you would want to have the most fuel-efficient planes for highly competitive routes (which is not the case with your airline). I have checked just a few routes and they were all heavily oversupplied by other players. Your 727 and TU-114 have low load factors and simply lose money. Your DC6 are a better choice for now. Next time, concentrate on propeller aircraft which are easier to handle/make profits with (and no, that does not include the TU-114).

I think a combination of DC6 or DC7 with F27, Viscounts or NAMC would be ideal.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
Re: Help. Mentor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:35:17 AM »
I agree with Andre. What you need is the less costly plane able to reach Germany, your main market outside Turkey. Antalya-Hamburg is 1324NM. Below 100 seats, you can fly DC6, DC7, Argosy, IL18B, constellation or Caravelle. Viscount are slightly shorter legged, but are even smaller and would allow you to reach 90% of the German market without penalty.

And choose one, not four. The more fleet groups you have, the more maintenance costs.

TU-114 is a niche bird, that can be useful in small numbers in big airports, but it is rather suicide for a beginner who can't feel its exact limits. Better focus on medium haul & domestic markets. Viscounts would kick ass. More modern versions of NAMC could would also do the job, you you can still fly to 80% of Germany with it by sacriying just a handful of seats.

Anyways, that's for a restart. Seems to me the death spiral has already began for your company. What is death spiral? Negative cash==>No maintenance==>Lower company image==>Less passengers ==> Even less cash. For a restart, Convair 440 would do the job as well, they are in bigger numbers on the UM than Viscounts - even if ther range is smaller, you can still reach a good chunk of your market.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.