Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Substitute planes during (especially) C-/-D-checks  (Read 347 times)

Online SwizzAir

• Members
Substitute planes during (especially) C-/-D-checks
« on: May 21, 2019, 07:08:17 PM »
Hi,

Forgive me if this is documented in the manual, but I did not find it..

Is there any way to substitute another plane in when one of my planes is undergoing checks?

I guess what I am asking is, what's the best way to deal with this? I mean, I've never not gotten on a flight because the plane for the one I was supposed to be on was having a scheduled check. The logistics of doing this manually through scheduling, having a few planes of the same fleet type handy, would be a nightmare, I can only imagine, especially if you have many hundreds of planes.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:15:33 PM by SwizzAir »

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: Substitute planes during (especially) C-/-D-checks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
it's easy enough to do manually from scheduling. Click the > right side arrow next to the plane going into maintenance and assign to another plane that you want to fly the route from now on. Switch back after maintenance if desired.

If you're wanting this done automatically, then it's been asked 100 times in feature requests but no move yet..

Simon

Online knobbygb

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Substitute planes during (especially) C-/-D-checks
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »
I mean, I've never not gotten on a flight because the plane for the one I was supposed to be on was having a scheduled check.

Don't forget the scheduling system in AWS isn't meant to be truly realistic. In the game, the same aircraft will fly the same routes each day until you decide otherwise. In a real airline they are usually rotated, either manually or due to some pre-planned pattern, with a single aircraft typically having a clear plan for just 2 or 3 days ahead (often less).  Implementing this in the game would be far too complicated and just take too long to micro-manage at a player level but would be realistinc in the way it would free up aircraft for checks.  I think we're supposed to suspend our belief that the game is truly realistic in this respect. Yes, a pool of "automatic replacements" for D and maybe even C checks would be a simple fix (but still wouldn't be how it's done in the real world), but personally I'm quite happy with things as they are.  I almost always manually switch-out aircraft for their D Checks but ignore the rest, except early in the game when every $ makes a difference.  Even with 1000 aircraft, it's quite doable with some forethough.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.