Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: The best regional aircraft for Y70-Y80  (Read 220 times)

Offline thegame

• Members
The best regional aircraft for Y70-Y80
« on: May 17, 2019, 09:31:54 AM »
Hi All, Which aircraft do you thing is the best to operate for short conections, up to 80 pax?

A220 got over Y100 but the average fuel burn is quite low.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: The best regional aircraft for Y70-Y80
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:36:53 AM »
I'd say either the MRJ or Q400, depending on your market and geography (can't vote for both, so I didn't vote ;))
The others are on the larger side of things, which makes them very pertinent on thicker routes, but not that much at 80 pax (smaller variants are always less efficient than their larger counterparts).

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 11:44:10 AM »
One thing to keep in mind is that even though 80 may be the highest demand you see, you can sell another 10-20% above and beyond that when all conditions are optimal, thus, it's often wise (especially when demand is growing) to have a few extra seats available to sell. In many cases, the operating costs very similar but the revenue potential is higher...

Offline tungstennedge

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:25:32 PM »
I would consider range. Shorter routes q400, longer maybe a220

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 08:48:15 AM »
It also depends on your fleet plans. Choosing an aircraft type should always involve looking 10-20 years down the road.

What other hubs do you plan to open in? Will they need larger/smaller planes?
What plane also has a cargo variant since there is megabucks in cargo?
Since you want to keep to 3 fleets or less, does the aircraft you've chosen sit in an aircraft family that gives you options, eg A320/318/321/neo
Should you opt for a smaller than optimal type, like 40 seats, so you can kill the big boys and their A320s/737s on frequency like a flea?
CRJS usually only carry light cargo, no medium, so CRJ operators lose all the medium cargo money to B737s/A320s etc

Simon

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »
To continue on Simon's post, it's worth noting that past the existence or not of a cargo variant (Q400 is the only one to have a cargo), the A220 is classified as large, hence able to carry standard cargo, which might be an advantage, depending on the circumstances.
On the other hand, in cargo-deprived countries, if you need to open a base for regional ops, that it has to be large (A220) and that there is almost no SC to carry, then it might not be worth it.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 06:41:12 AM »
The CRJ family has the CRJ200SF in 2014?... something like that. Right before the An-148T. With the An-148T being the biggest and most payload carrying Med class aircraft in the game. Useful for USA/EuroLand/JP ... but oversized for mostly the rest of the world. CRJ would be great in 3rd worl the "emerging economies" of SA/Africa/SEA.

ERJ is better for high competition environments due to its low cost OPS. When you don't need the lowest possible per seat costs to survive, any of the other RJ options will do the job. Best to choose one with low acquisition cost(s) to fuel growth. Higher OPS costs doesn't mean much when your biggest competitor is yourself ~

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 06:43:24 AM »
The CRJ family has the CRJ200SF in 2014?... something like that. Right before the An-148T. With the An-148T being the biggest and most payload carrying Med class aircraft in the game. Useful for USA/EuroLand/JP ... but oversized for mostly the rest of the world. CRJ would be great in 3rd worl the "emerging economies" of SA/Africa/SEA.

ERJ is better for high competition environments due to its low cost OPS. When you don't need the lowest possible per seat costs to survive, any of the other RJ options will do the job. Best to choose one with low acquisition cost(s) to fuel growth. Higher OPS costs doesn't mean much when your biggest competitor is the person staring back at you, in the mirror.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 06:11:46 AM »
I'm one of the very few players to have flown MRJ intensively...and it absolutely kicks ass for pax transport. Very easy to schedule, very efficient, usually cheap as you are the only one to operate. I did vote for MRJs.

But pax is not the only parameter, as others said. Transitionning so late in the game is a costly hassle not many players want to experience, and I can understand them. Plus Cargo demand pushes towards other solutions, in many markets.

Another point others didn't mention : it all depends on your cash availability. If you're at a level where you can either buy A148s or lease anything else, A148s are the best choice - despite being the worse aircraft. Who cares about weekly sparing 15k$ of fuel and 10k$ of maintenance when one can lose 7k$ of depreciation instead of 90k$ of lease costs?

ERJ is another beast. It's similar to small CRJs, cheaper to buy/lease and operate...but can't scale up, Ejets being another class group. And there is no cargo variant either.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 06:38:22 AM »
A380 with full premium.

Ps. Its not A220 but CSeries

Offline thegame

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »
Thank you all.

My decision was to take MRJ! I think it was good choice.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.