Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Tech Stop Penalty This Early? GW2  (Read 219 times)

Offline Acastus

• Members
[-] Tech Stop Penalty This Early? GW2
« on: April 24, 2019, 04:23:30 PM »
GW2
Eastern Galactic

I currently fly LAX-MQD with 707-220s that tech stop each way. With 100% RI, 90 CI*, no competition and an under supplied route my LF is still about 50%. Screenshots attached.

Is this operating as intended?

*Edited to add CI to answer question from later in string.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:40:07 PM by Sami »

Offline Acastus

• Members
Re: Tech Stop Penalty This Early? GW2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »
Route Detail showing RI and LF

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »
GW2
Eastern Galactic

I currently fly LAX-MQD with 707-220s that tech stop each way. With 100% RI, no competition and an under supplied route my LF is still about 50%. Screenshots attached.

Is this operating as intended?

Preaching to the choir here, itís high time this gets fixed as just about every worthwhile LH route needs tech stops.

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 06:32:51 PM »
I thought that particular tech stop penalty was always in effect?

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
For reference, what is your CI? I don't have a problem with flying a 5600nm tech-stopped 703B with CI 70.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline [ATA] Frimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 06:56:32 PM »
For reference, what is your CI? I don't have a problem with flying a 5600nm tech-stopped 703B with CI 70.

Talentz

Looks like his CI is 90

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »
There must be something else at play in the Pax Cal. Im not having a problem with my flight. I use standard seating and offer all 3 classes. Starting turning a profit at around RI50. My route is not that much bigger at around 170 daily.

I think its the size/configuration of your 702 and your Arr/Dep time. 0500 Arr is why your return fight is low. I bet if you adjusted that you'd see an immediate increase on the return flight. Also, your oversold on the C class side... if you reconfigured for less, that would add Y seats and your LF for Y would improve.

Why? Well, IIRC the Pax Cal takes into account seats offered. It then assigns what LF it decides on (w/e the variables are). So its very possible to sell more seats via offering more seats.

Strange that your not getting that one F class pax... I guess they really want a premium F product for that length with a tech-stop.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Groupô - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 07:38:25 PM »
There is no relevance to game year, the calculation is always the same. Thus not a bug. (Not the best system but that is the design for now)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:40:34 PM by Sami »

Offline MikeS

• Members
Re: [-] Tech Stop Penalty This Early? GW2
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 07:53:21 PM »
You are getting all the C class pax so the problem lies with your Y class pax. I assume C class is in a premium config while Y class is in a standard config. I usually lower prices for Y class by 10% when there is a tech-stop.  That usually helps fill the seats. Try it and see if it helps. The return leg suffers a bit from the 5:00 am arrival (can also be improved by lowering price to compensate).

Cheers!
Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.