Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] 737Max Runway Requirements  (Read 128 times)

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] 737Max Runway Requirements
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:55:53 AM »
I have been looking for more info on this but aside from a Boeing brochure that states Max runway requirement will be "slightly improved" over the NG I have not had much luck. It appears in AWS the runway requirement is significantly increased, for example the 737-800 requires 1980m while the Max 8 requires 2580m. This nearly 30% increase seems odd, so I was wondering what the source is and if it could be flawed? The A320Neo does not suffer from the same issue.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:27:53 PM by Sami »
Don (Age 38 5/6)

Offline MikeS

• Members
Re: 737Max Runway Requirements?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »
Hi Don,

For current Boeing and Airbus models it's fairly easy to find the official "Documents for Airport Planing", in this case:
https://www.boeing.com/resources/boeingdotcom/commercial/airports/acaps/737MAX_RevD.pdf

The runway requirements for the MAX - 8 is on PDF page 52 and shows the same figures as in AWS for Sea Level, Max Take-Off Weight departures. Now, if we would add more realism to AWS and consider airport elevation too, things would get really interesting :)

Mike

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »
Mike, I am curious what the NG and A320ceo/neo say for field performance then. Everything I have heard at my airline points to improved performance for the Max 8 over the 800.
Don (Age 38 5/6)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 04:27:15 PM »
The performance models of old-737, max and A320 are not of the same revision so you may expect to see some updates to them if there are errors. But all data is based on the actual docs from manufacturer even in the v.1 perf.model (but in v.2 it's a bit more accurate in terms of different weight variants and so on). MAX data might have also been from preliminary Boeing docs and not final yet at the time of the update. But I feel the -800 is the one with inaccuracies.

So I'd classify this as not-a-bug and the perf model of 737s will be anyway updated at some point (though I have priority for older models that haven't had any good data to begin with)

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 01:26:27 AM »
Mike, I am curious what the NG and A320ceo/neo say for field performance then. Everything I have heard at my airline points to improved performance for the Max 8 over the 800.
The following Docs contains all B737 models prior to the MAX series:
https://www.boeing.com/resources/boeingdotcom/commercial/airports/acaps/737.pdf
On PDF page 150 we have the first set of values for the -800 series: Roughly 2400m at Sea Level & MTOW ... so, as Sami said, that data will need updating. Still, seems the -800 has a slight advantage but not by as much as in AWS

Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.