Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Starting up a new low cost airline please any tips  (Read 195 times)

Offline cferris159

• Members
Starting up a new low cost airline please any tips
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:14:58 AM »
Looking to start a low cost airline I 've 3 Airbus a320 200s leased and i am based in Spain in Costa Brava LEGE,and please can anyone give me tips on which airports and the Airbus a320 200s seems to have good fuel economics looking to set a business model like ryanair or southwest airlines any help would be a massive help please any tips,and I would just like to THANK YOU for help or tips received again thank you

Online Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Starting up a new low cost airline please any tips
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 05:33:29 AM »
AWS current economic model doesn't support low cost airlines. If you lower prices, you'll just lose money. Better play "classic".

Online dandan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 08:46:13 AM »
Looking to start a low cost airline I 've 3 Airbus a320 200s leased and i am based in Spain in Costa Brava LEGE,and please can anyone give me tips on which airports and the Airbus a320 200s seems to have good fuel economics looking to set a business model like ryanair or southwest airlines any help would be a massive help please any tips,and I would just like to THANK YOU for help or tips received again thank you

the only way you can do a low cost airline in this game is, by having low costs yourself. low marketing costs, low fuel costs AND low commonality costs. dont try to lower ticket prices; results will be 0. its about frequency not price (passengers in AWS worlds are talking to each other to decide that they fill all planes with the same amount of passengers).

Offline cferris159

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 01:32:24 PM »
Thank yous for your help and your time

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 02:09:36 PM »
more in detail, low costs are companies that cut off a lot of internal costs by various means. Those means(bar commonality) are not simulated in AWS (yet?). Therefore, it's not really possible to have a low-cost model. The only way to lower costs are to have good fleet choices, and schedule your planes cleverly to keep your birds in the air as much as possible.

Which every good player does.

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 12:39:18 PM »
Passengers are not very price sensitive in AWS but it does work to a certain extent:
You can fly an efficient airliner in HD seating (+~10% capacity) and lower prices by ~10%. This has worked for me many times.
Just don't choose the max HD density where comfort goes to "Poor". Keep it in "Fair", usually one row below max.
eg. Fokker 70: normal seating is 70Y: I fly it successfully in 80Y HD or 04C/75Y. I do stick to close destinations and try to make it
fly 4 round trips a day for best results.
I also used the principle on a fleet of cheap, used B737-300 and worked too, even on longer routes.
As the others have said, key is to keep costs down. The Fokkers are a good example as they are usually fairly cheap to purchase and operate,
are classed as "Medium" so only need level 2 base operations and cheaper pilots.

Cheers!

Mike

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.