Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hello I do not know for you but..  (Read 633 times)

kimout

• Former member
Hello I do not know for you but..
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »
There is some people who has a work and a fulltime life. >:(
I am managing an IT staff so i know that restart like that can appen. But for that we need a warning or at least we need a little bit time to organise for a restart even it is a play...
Can we postpone the restart of the game for 1 week or even less but now it is a little bit too fast..
Sami do you need a little help ?  because i am quite sure that  " Removal of these excess planes was unfortunately not possible so we have been forced to restart the game worlds." could not be the main problem for a restart so fast :'( ?

But Anyway even i am angry because  i think i can not restart an airline now (i do more than 13h per day of work this week), good luck for the incident, and good job for everything because airwaysim is quite impressive!

br 

Dazwalsh

• Former member
Re: Hello I do not know for you but..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:55:16 PM »
To keep the game going when airlines were exploiting a bug was unfair, it had to be reset ASAP, and if a warning was given people would be angry that it wasnt being done straight away because it would be pointless continuing on.  Its wasn't even that far into the game at all and we will be at the time again before you know it.

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »
The game could have been "paused" until the decision to restart was made, giving time for a warning..
I had to start about 2 weeks late, but I'm doing fine now that I'm back on my feet.

Sigma

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »
Anyone with work and a fulltime life should be mature enough to realize that this is just a game.  Who cares if someone gets a few hours head-start over you or if you just can't get that model of plane you got last time?

Besides, if they did give some sort of warning, the posts would just be "I have a fulltime life, I can't afford to come on here and find that the game is paused because of some stupid bug.  I wasted a whole day, now I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow!"  Wa, wa, wa.

Echoco

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 12:58:16 AM »
Anyone with work and a fulltime life should be mature enough to realize that this is just a game.  Who cares if someone gets a few hours head-start over you or if you just can't get that model of plane you got last time?

Besides, if they did give some sort of warning, the posts would just be "I have a fulltime life, I can't afford to come on here and find that the game is paused because of some stupid bug.  I wasted a whole day, now I won't be able to do anything until tomorrow!"  Wa, wa, wa.

I logged on today and the game was back and running and my airline had already paid its staff wages, whats more the few hours head start that seemed harmless means that there are no affordable aircraft on the market for my business model. I'm sure if you were in my position you'd be concerned too.

Online NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:30:51 AM »
I believe at some point yesterday in one of the forum threads, Sami said a second identical game is likely to be started some time this week.

As you were given 5 free credits because of the unplanned re-start, you could in theory quit this game, take a 6 credit refund, and start the new game without any cost to yourself and without any disadvantage.

There was no way Sami was going to be able to please everyone with this whole issue, but I think he has done his best. If you believe that you are seriously disadvantaged in this game, then join the new game if/when it starts.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 02:48:18 AM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:59:25 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.