Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Forum Pruning Disappeared Good Threads  (Read 142 times)

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[-] Forum Pruning Disappeared Good Threads
« on: March 29, 2019, 03:10:35 AM »
I noticed a few days/week or so ago that a lot of the old game forums were pruned/made to disappear from the forum archives. However, there are a number of relevant threads in there that need to be referenced to new folks - for example - Sanabas's thread about the small plane experiment or two that he did a few years back. I've been searching for it with negative results (and I've found it a few times before). I was going to drop a link like I drop a mic into this guy's thread to educate him, but I've come up empty with my search.

Can we make archives great again?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 02:26:58 PM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Forum Pruning Disappeared Good Threads
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 07:34:01 AM »
Can we make archives great again?

Archives, yes :)

Yeah, I know we're maybe only 20 or 30 players looking into the archives, but it's relevant to be able to check them.

Thanks.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »
Emily's posts need their own archive

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »
Emily's posts need their own archive

Memes aside, we should have Sami create a section of the forum for relevant historical threads for the player base in general, to reference when needed. It doesn't really have to be Sami going through all the threads. He can simply assign a section of the forum to a respected player and have them manage/tag threads to be flagged/moved to this new forum sub-section.

I vote the Owl should be burdened with this important task.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 02:26:54 PM »
Only the game forums are archived, general boards not. And the oldest game forums are no longer visible, that's a choice that has been made to keep the forum at least somewhat tidy.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:26 PM »
Only the game forums are archived, general boards not. And the oldest game forums are no longer visible, that's a choice that has been made to keep the forum at least somewhat tidy.

Yet there are decent "meta" type posts that get made in those game world forums that are no longer visible or searchable. The chap talking about the small airline struggles would benefit greatly from the sanabas small airline threads. Can those posts at least be searchable/linkable even if not visible in the forums list?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.