Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Malpensa / Linate cargo demand  (Read 240 times)

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
[-] Malpensa / Linate cargo demand
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:30:47 AM »
GW#4

Malpensa has been opened for 10 days, and the actual cargo demand between SIN and both airports is the same. For potential, it would be normal, but the problem is that both airports have actual = 95% of potential, while it just can't be when 2 airports are serving the same city / demand.

And Malpensa being open for 10 days, it should have been adjusted.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:51:41 AM by Sami »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Malpensa / Linate cargo demand
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:55:43 PM »
Or is it something intentional for when new airports open and the old one doesn't close, so the guy that didn't transfer don't find himself completely naked on the day of the transfer?
But I don't remember the Osaka Kansai opening to look like this. Will try to check with Shanghai.

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 12:59:51 AM »
Or is it something intentional for when new airports open and the old one doesn't close, so the guy that didn't transfer don't find himself completely naked on the day of the transfer?
But I don't remember the Osaka Kansai opening to look like this. Will try to check with Shanghai.

When a new airport opens and the existing airport stays open, CBD demand is copied from one to the other, so day 1, they will have the same potential and actual demand. From that point, the adjustments will begin that happen over time - potential will adjust to match the squares in the catchment area (if they are different) and actual will adjust to where the demand is flown. I'd expect that MXP/LIN will be sorted out in 6-12 game months...

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 07:55:11 AM »
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Probably missed that in the CBD chapter.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.