Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft production rates biased, not abiding by supply / demand  (Read 967 times)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Since the beginning of the GW2, DC-6 production line was capped at the artificially low level of production, even though it is the most popular aircraft in the game.  Its long backlog has discouraged players from placing orders.

If the production line obeyed laws of supply and demand, the production rate would triple and so would the number of orders triple, leaving a lot of satisfied customers, instead of frustrating customers.

Fleet   Production Rate   Orders   Months to clear backlog
DC-8            42          81               2
Boeing 707      45         819              18
Fokker 27       57        1667              29
DC-7            31         963              31
Viscount        59        1902              32
Britania        30        1034              34
Connie          37        1297              35
DC-6            28        1257              45

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: Aircraft production rates biased, not abiding by supply / demand
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »
it'll be a dead duck in a year when the good stuff comes along...

S

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »

S

How is this comment in any way anything other than non sequitur?  ;)

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:22:14 AM »

S

Let me expand on my comment.

Yes, while in 5 years (not 1 year), the DC-6 line will not be popular, during its heyday (1955-1960), 75/month rather than 25/month would have sold.

Since nearly 1/2 of the player base is flying DC-6, to be very conservative, let's say 200 players, in the 5 years, it would have meant 3000 new DC-6 produced.

3000 DC-6 between 200 players would have meant each player could be flying 15 additional DC-6, rather than being sent to 6 fleet hell of leftovers.  And maybe extra 50 players would have survived the first decade.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:19:39 AM by JumboShrimp »

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 02:36:59 AM »
Let me expand on my comment.

Yes, while in 5 years (not 1 year), the DC-6 line will not be popular, during its heyday (1955-1960), 75/month rather than 25/month would have sold.

Since nearly 1/2 of the player base is flying DC-6, to be very conservative, let's say 200 players, in the 5 days, it would have meant 3000 new DC-6 produced.

3000 DC-6 between 200 players would have meant each player could be flying 15 additional DC-6, rather than being sent to 6 fleet hell of leftovers.  And maybe extra 50 players would have survived the first decade.

We don’t need 700 airlines kicking around in 1965.

Online Mort

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:28:28 AM »
We don’t need 700 airlines kicking around in 1965.

We're down below 500 already to be fair.

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 05:59:59 AM »
JS has a correct point. If the other large aircraft increase to much higher production rate levels, then why isn't the DC6 included?

We can debate the (non) effect in another thread which im sure we will next game start. It's a long time standing AWS tradition. However, for this GW, we should have seen much higher production rates from the DC6 line.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 09:58:23 AM »
glad not to have gone the DC6 route, then.

But I think that players who can't fill their demand just wait for airframes to wome. Whic lets them time to stockpile cahs flying full aircraft. Which makes them harder to BK later. So many first day players survived previous GW2, I don't think it's random.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »
JS has a correct point. If the other large aircraft increase to much higher production rate levels, then why isn't the DC6 included?

We can debate the (non) effect in another thread which im sure we will next game start. It's a long time standing AWS tradition. However, for this GW, we should have seen much higher production rates from the DC6 line.

Yeah.  There are smaller planes with higher production rates, same sized planes with higher production rates, bigger planes with higher production rates.

There is no other explanation other than the DC-6 (and DC-7, Britannia) lines are purposely capped, not allowed to grow according to demand.

The worst effect is on DC-6, that half of the surviving players are flying.  There must be 200 out of the 250 players who could not place order for their #1 choice of aircraft due to this arbitrary cap.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
At the same time, production problems are a thing in the real world. Antonov didn't sell many 148s, but was late to deliver them anyways. My 30 deliveries per year in previous game worlds were just unrealistic - even if logical considering the amount I was ordering.

It may push many players to aim for other suppliers. Which may be interesting as well, matter of strategic choice. At the same time, it's horribly frustrating. I don't know, honestly.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.