Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Booking fee on UM for reservations  (Read 276 times)

Offline Zobelle

• Members
[-] Booking fee on UM for reservations
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »
There is an opportunity cost for a seller when a frame is reserved for transaction but there is no follow through. (Lease or Purchase of reserved frame), A fee should apply to make the reservation under certain conditions.

-Charged at time of reservation whenever the type is not actively flown by the airline making the reservation.

-Applied to purchase or lease initiation cost when aircraft is leased or bought. Abandonment of the reservation forfeits this fee.

-New airlines (Less than 60 days old) are exempted from the fee, Game world initial 24hr period also exempt.

Feel free to make suggestions or offer constructive criticism.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:59:36 AM by Sami »

Offline Mort

• Members
Re: Booking fee on UM for reservations.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 09:08:02 AM »
Would the fee also be payable if you didn't operate the type, but leased it out?

Or if you didn't operate that type, but another one in the same group?

What sort of scale would this fee be?

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
Would the fee also be payable if you didn't operate the type, but leased it out?

Or if you didn't operate that type, but another one in the same group?

What sort of scale would this fee be?

If you lease it out then presumably you would follow through with the transaction, correct? If you fly the group type then fee is not applied. (If you operate A340, then all 330/340 would also be covered)

Perhaps a fee of 2-3% of posted purchase price is acceptable.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:53:15 AM »
What is the background on this request... What gave you inspiration?

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 11:39:05 AM »
If one is intent in genuinely acquiring aircraft when making reservations, this should not affect them in any way. Additionally I’d like to request the reservation period be extended to 5 minutes in the case loans need to be secured to assist with these purchases or leases.

Online dmoose42

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
I feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 12:35:40 PM »
I feel like this is a solution in search of a problem.

Agreed. I do broker a lot those days, but customers are free to have a look at the model. And free to decide not to purchase for reasons.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »
Agreed. I do broker a lot those days, but customers are free to have a look at the model. And free to decide not to purchase for reasons.

Let’s just say a half measure was implemented for an issue previously brought up (playing hot potato with reservations) and that patterns are proving themselves true and widespread. This may help alleviate the problem as with this feature it would cost money to play keep away with fellow chat buddies.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »
Let’s just say a half measure was implemented for an issue previously brought up (playing hot potato with reservations) and that patterns are proving themselves true and widespread. This may help alleviate the problem as with this feature it would cost money to play keep away with fellow chat buddies.

The brokers offer so many bad variants of planes (especially where there's multiple mtow variants) that it would be quite the headwind for those airlines.

Regardless, the cost of leasing a plane in a world start scenario is fairly immaterial compared to cost of slots and profit margins... So... Won't really help/hurt anyone...

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:37 PM »
The brokers offer so many bad variants of planes (especially where there's multiple mtow variants) that it would be quite the headwind for those airlines.

Regardless, the cost of leasing a plane in a world start scenario is fairly immaterial compared to cost of slots and profit margins... So... Won't really help/hurt anyone...

Good thing specs can be viewed before pressing “buy” or “lease”, then. It’d still be free to peek, just a small charge to reserve and the charge is then applied as credit to the lease or purchase when the acquisition is completed.

And slots have been ludicrously cheap in the newest GW2 compared to the last GW2.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:21:16 PM by Zobelle »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 02:42:10 PM »
Good thing specs can be viewed before pressing “buy” or “lease”, then. It’d still be free to peek, just a small charge to reserve and the charge is then applied as credit to the lease or purchase when the acquisition is completed.

And slots have been ludicrously cheap in the newest GW2 compared to the last GW2.

In the start of a game world when everyone is plane hungry, the difference between reserving first and checking specs vs checking specs and then reserving is the difference on whether you will get the plane....

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 03:39:17 PM »
In the start of a game world when everyone is plane hungry, the difference between reserving first and checking specs vs checking specs and then reserving is the difference on whether you will get the plane....
I get not everyone is savvy but this is why fee would not apply in the initial 24hr period nor 60 first days of an airline’s start for airlines started after this time.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 10:03:07 AM »
There is an opportunity cost for a seller when a frame is reserved for transaction but there is no follow through. (Lease or Purchase of reserved frame), A fee should apply to make the reservation under certain conditions(.../...)

rereading that, I really think it's a bad idea. Real life does not work like that. The customer is king - wether he does seal the deal or not. so he can perfectly toy with the good, and finally say no. That's part of the costs of selling. Nothing wrong IMHO to endure those.

Online dandan

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »
oh, i have the business idea: i will offer totally cheap planes, lease only. all people will check the plane and see: 6mo maximum lease duration. and i will live on their booking fees!  :laugh:

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
oh, i have the business idea: i will offer totally cheap planes, lease only. all people will check the plane and see: 6mo maximum lease duration. and i will live on their booking fees!  :laugh:

Someone will lease if it’s GW2.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 11:59:30 AM »
Can't see any benefit of adding this feature.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.