737 MAX Grounded

Started by rntair, March 14, 2019, 04:07:54 PM

rntair

Just interested to hear what others thoughts are on the grounding of all 737 MAX's in the US and other countries.
"Check out my route map"

CEO of the Viva Group

mp81

We're still in speculation about the ET aircraft but it does share similarities with the Lion Air crash. It is known about the Lion Air crash and it's faulty/erroneous sensor readings so there is a known problem with the aircraft. If one recalls, Boeing had a serious rudder issue in the 1990s which resulted in United and USAir 737s crashing. Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe 737s were grounded in the wake of the crashes in the 1990s.

Zobelle

Its unfortunate but as history has shown air travel is only as safe as it is because of lessons learned by these incidents. Hopefully they are thorough about this regardless of cost so no more lives are lost.

rntair

How will this affect the 737 MAX program and its reputation? Will Airbus benefit?
"Check out my route map"

CEO of the Viva Group

wilian.souza2

Quote from: rntair on March 17, 2019, 11:50:26 PM
How will this affect the 737 MAX program and its reputation? Will Airbus benefit?

It's too soon to speculate it.

groundbum2

I'd say the Chinese will be the biggest winners. Already Asia is the fastest growing travel market, and where the new wealth is, and China is hungry from phones to cars to planes to move from making other people designs to having the whole lot in house. Look at the Huawei P20 Pro vs Apple iphone.

So anything that knocks Boeing off it's perch is good for China. And these crashes could see Boeing exec's in jail, and heavy touch regulation from here-on out.

Simon