Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Pax limited by payload/range  (Read 246 times)

Offline Jupiter

• Members
Pax limited by payload/range
« on: March 14, 2019, 02:33:20 AM »
I have a 49 seat aircraft that has a range of 880nm, and a runway requirement of 1440m.

When I try to run it on a trip between two airports 858nm apart, while the departure is fine, the return flight tells me that it's limited to 11 pax.

The departing airport has a runway length of 3559m. The returning airport has a runway length of 2288m.

What am I missing in this calculation that's limiting the passengers so severely on the return?

Thanks for the help!

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Pax limited by payload/range
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:53:40 AM »
Check the "still air distance" on route creation screen when you hover over the question mark.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:09:29 AM »
Check the "still air distance" on route creation screen when you hover over the question mark.

A little more precisely: the question mark is right of the indicated length of the route (create new route / edit route page).
One for each leg.

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:41:37 AM »
The newer games use a  wind database that knows the world winds at altitude, eg the wind over the North Atlantic is generally Westerlies. So flights UK to USA have a huge headwind, and the return flight a huge tailwind. So the payload that can be carried will be different in each direction.

Simon

Offline Jupiter

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 02:06:27 PM »
Geez... the wind and weird routing turn that trip into an 1150 nm nightmare. Thanks for the help!

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:38 PM »
Geez... the wind and weird routing turn that trip into an 1150 nm nightmare. Thanks for the help!
Penalty is higher the slower the cruise speed is to simulate range by way of endurance. A jet will carry a much less significant penalty for the same sector.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:36:55 PM »
Penalty is higher the slower the cruise speed is to simulate range by way of endurance. A jet will carry a much less significant penalty for the same sector.

...making the jets far more attractive...and IRL, they were attractive. A good thing in my book, even if it does not help my connies...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.