Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long haul fleet replacement  (Read 253 times)

Online slickwillbo

• Members
Long haul fleet replacement
« on: March 11, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
Hi all,

I have a question about fleet types for long haul routes. Iím using Constellations for these routes, with 45 or so additional ones on order. New orders will be delivered in 1959.

My question is when do such planes become obsolete on long haul routes? Would a Constellation delivered in 1959 still be viable (or leasable) in 1969? What is the first jet long haul aircraft thatís widely used in the game?

This is my first game in such an early time period. Thanks for any replies!

Offline Andre090904

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: Long haul fleet replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 05:00:49 PM »
For longhaul operations your best guess is the DC8 (later versions that is). Some also use Boeing but DC8 used to be more popular in the past. There is also the VC10 which becomes "too small" quite soon, though. Flying Starliners is viable thoughout the 60's. I personally used the Britannias until around the mid 70's and it worked.

Note that it also highly depends on route length, demand etc...so this question cannot be "universally" answered.

Online groundbum2

• Members
Re: Long haul fleet replacement
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 08:58:07 PM »
you may want consider joining an alliance, as then you'll likely get access to a database of future aircraft that show ranges, dates of introduction etc. .. essemtially it's best if you can further than your competition. So if they can go 4000nm, get a plane that can go 5000nm. If you can do it non-stop when they have to stop, all the better. And don't neglect cargo. It's good to use a plane that has cargo variants.

Simon

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.