Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Suggestion for changes to credit rating system  (Read 221 times)

Offline EmilyHampstead

• Members
[-] Suggestion for changes to credit rating system
« on: March 08, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »
Currently, only 10 credit ratings are mentioned in-game: AAA, AA, A, BBB, BB, ... D. What I'd like to see is a more realistic credit rating system in AirwaySim that nearly follows the Moody's long-term credit rating system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_rating#Corporate_credit_ratings), as follows:

• Aaa (prime. No bankruptcy risk)
  • Aa1, Aa2 and Aa3 (high-grade, levels 1, 2, and 3. Extremely low to no bankruptcy risk)
  • A1, A2 and A3 (upper-medium grade, levels 1, 2 and 3. Very low to extremely low bankruptcy risk)
  • Baa1, Baa2 and Baa3 (lower-medium grade, levels 1, 2 and 3. Low to very low bankruptcy risk)
  • Ba1, Ba2 and Ba3 (non-investment grade speculative, levels 1, 2 and 3. Medium to low bankruptcy risk)
  • B1, B2 and B3 (highly speculative, levels 1, 2, and 3. High to medium bankruptcy risk)
  • Caa1, Caa2 and Caa3 (substantial risks, levels 1, 2, and 3. Very high to high bankruptcy risk)
  • Ca (extremely speculative. Extremely high to very high bankruptcy risk)
  • C (default imminent. Maximum to extremely high bankruptcy risk)
  • RD, SD and D (in default, levels 1, 2 and 3. Bankruptcy certain)

Please note that the above credit ratings are part of the Moody's system, except for three of them (RD, SD and D), which are part of the Standard & Poor's system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_rating#Corporate_credit_ratings). This is how AirwaySim should do the credit ratings of an airline in-game (the credit rating system in AirwaySim should be revisited in my opinion), so I hope the game becomes very realistic just with this newly-suggested credit rating system for AirwaySim.

-Emily (age 15)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:28:38 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Suggestion for changes to credit rating system
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:28:24 PM »
Adding so many additional levels to it does not have any benefits. So it will remain as-is.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.