Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Traffic level going from 1 to 2 causes taxi times to increase by 150%?  (Read 363 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Recently the traffic level at Geneva jumped from 1 to 2. This caused the taxi time for each leg to increase from 10 minutes in most cases to 25 minutes, adding 30 minutes to every flight (+15 minutes to each leg).

Is this the intended function of the traffic level metric? And can I expect every increase to add a half hour to every flight?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Since traffic level is a variable component it should have no effect on the fixed scheduled flight times. And from what I see it does NOT.

The taxi time is based on the old 5-step airport classes and is the same regardless of traffic class level.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Then why is there a 25-30 minute discrepancy between flights I opened yesterday and flights I am trying to open today on the exact same route? Pretty much across the board, no matter how long or short the flight?

I guess I should move this to bug reports.

Offline schro

• Members
Then why is there a 25-30 minute discrepancy between flights I opened yesterday and flights I am trying to open today on the exact same route? Pretty much across the board, no matter how long or short the flight?

I guess I should move this to bug reports.

Changelog has a "bug fix" related to decent times on props that might be causing what you're observing...

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Then why is there a 25-30 minute discrepancy between flights I opened yesterday and flights I am trying to open today on the exact same route?

Checked and saw that, try again now.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Changelog has a "bug fix" related to decent times on props that might be causing what you're observing...
That was supposed to only have a 5-minute impact, if any, per Sami's post. I'm talking 25-30 minute differences.

try again now.
Everything looks good now, back to normal. Saw a couple of the 5-minute changes you warned us about but that was all.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.