Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Has Sami forgotten to add the Gatwick drone crisis event to the games?  (Read 395 times)

Offline EmilyHampstead

• Members
If you've heard that London Gatwick (LGW/EGKK) was closed due to illegal drone activity, here's the proof Sami needs to add the Gatwick drone crisis to the game:

As well as a possible announcement for the world news section of the dashboard to announce that the drone crisis at London Gatwick has happened, for all game worlds:

--START OF ANNOUNCEMENT--

Illegal drone activity causes suspension of flights at London Gatwick (December 19, 2018)

Some drones were just sighted at London Gatwick (LGW/EGKK), which is a criminal offense according to British law.

As a courtesy to investigating the illegal drone activity, the airport's only operational runway will have to be closed for 2 days. This will cause a temporarily closure to air traffic for the airport, as well as the cancellations of all flights taking place throughout this time period.

--END OF ANNOUNCEMENT--

Even though those playing in a game world, whether their airlines are either operating and/or flying to Gatwick, may not like it, I've heard of it as a real event, as the news could've said during the Gatwick drone crisis... Thus, I'd like this event to be added to AirwaySim games.

-Emily (age 15)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:40:39 PM by Sami »

Offline Zobelle

• Members

The person who likes this post:
This may not be worth the effort to code.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
But he can add random drone events to the game from 2015 on, why not?

Offline dmoose42

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Yeah, I would think that the coding effort is inconsequential (i.e., just another event in a game system that already exists) - but it really could impact any airport, so I wouldn't restrict it to Gatwick (which I'm implying from the note).

Also, separately, for inconsequential events like this, do people even pay attention to them? Like the bigger events (9/11), fuel crises, etc. we obviously have to react too. However, 1-2 day events have zero impact on my decisions as an airline CEO, so other than being like "Hey why did income go our or done strangely last week), minor events have a minimal impact. So I propose not investing the time on making the minor event system more robust, but rather on more essential game play mechanics that directly impact the accuracy of the game or provide key challenges/decisions to the player.

Offline schro

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
Seems like a verdict was rendered on this thread...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.