Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Planes???  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: Planes???
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 05:47:12 AM »
i doubt that i have seen this slot-problem... i dont think its because of too many players; i assume its due to the new traffic/infrastructure-thing. and although its unrealistic, i think it is really interesting. creates a new dimension

Whats truly unrealistic is untapped, ready to be flown demand on most of the worlds' major routes. Thus creating this situation to begin with. Every GW played for the past 10 years starts the same as the last: Gold Rush™ - That's all this really is.

We've gone and phased in just about all the real (game) world limiting factors (route growth, slot growth, aircraft growth) now AWS (and its playerbase) will be conditioned for CBD-Pax when it rolls out. Instead of this rapid growth phase everybody pushes for, growth will be much slower and the factors we deal with right now will (should) make more sense.

But until then, complain away  :laugh:

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline saetta

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 06:01:04 AM »
Not complaining talentz , just want to know whats going on …yours is a good point , if thats the case I much prefer a more realistic growth scenario and I will have no problem adapting to it..actually already have ..not too fond of gold rush myself

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 06:01:36 AM »
Planes are not that important without slots. There many ways to skin a cat with planes, but nothing gets around a severe shortage of slots . What are all those airlines going to do with a bunch of expensive new planes and nowhere to fly them. Going to a second and third base, alleviates the problem, but only in a minor way. I don't know if any of you have seen this lack of slots phenomena before ….is it that there are too many players!? If That is the case we will be lingering for a while cus even marginal companies can linger for a long time

Yes, too many players, not enough viable planes (Please don’t mention the taildragger twins), and not enough slots for the airports that attract the lions share of said players.

i doubt that i have seen this slot-problem... i dont think its because of too many players; i assume its due to the new traffic/infrastructure-thing. and although its unrealistic, i think it is really interesting. creates a new dimension

I’ve seen slot shortages before but not quite to this extent. New slots are literally gone within minutes of drops just like the planes that will occupy them.

Offline saetta

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 06:09:59 AM »
By the way talentz checked your score... not that good …I find you a bit smug  pontificating about others complaining !!

Offline Talentz

• Members

The 8 people who like this post:
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2019, 06:18:33 AM »
Oh, I am just a noob observing :)

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
Mr Clicky Click Click,

Nice to meet you. Whats your name?

Offline vidiv007

• Members
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »
By the way talentz checked your score... not that good …I find you a bit smug  pontificating about others complaining !!

To be fair the score at this point is neither here nor there, for sure those starting in major airports where demand outstrips best case possible starting supply are gonna score higher than those in smaller airports where the demand doesnt even fill a connie.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2019, 11:18:08 AM »
For the number of slots: It still follows the old system where they grow at the start of the game in linear fashion to reach their "normal" status at some point, and after that the growth is slower but still quite frequent in small increments. It's not yet the new inrastructure based system as it's a major change and didn't want to push it in a hurry to this scenario yet. (it's pretty much the only thing left that does not yet follow the new airport classification system, all others have been changed)

First update will make the infra levels grow and then second update will make the slot numbers entirely relative of the infra levels. (The start-up rush will be also modelled in similar "unrealistic" manner like now (slots increasing bit by bit) for the sake of better game balance)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:20:52 AM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.